• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

If money is donated specifically for baseball, that's where they have to use it.

Wellman has said for two summers that the Joel renovation plan would be released. Missed that deadline twice now but hopefully it will come soon.

I'm guessing this is the sports performance center that will connect to the indoor practice field and add another bball practice court.

I saw a couple designs and mock-ups for the Joel at the Women's Basketball Clinic a couple weeks ago. I didn't remember seeing them before but also didn't think they'd just put them up for us without having formally launched them.

I snapped a picture of one of them but there was also an interior Joel picture (with all black seats, more suites, reduced overall seating capacity) and a locker room plan to expand the current ones. Chill was telling us about it.

rrtdza.jpg

I snapped a picture of one of them but there was also an interior Joel picture (with all black seats, more suites, reduced overall seating capacity) and a locker room plan to expand the current ones. Chill was telling us about it.

rrtdza.jpg

very nice looking

That's what I'm talking about! Big schools always come in here overconfident. We almost beat Nebraska a few years back and their fans were some of the worst I've ever seen ... leaving the game saying it wasn't supposed to be that close instead of being grateful to have won the game.

We need to give the Indiana fans a miserable trip back home.

Like a few years ago when we beat them by 30 in basketball at the Joel!!!

That's what I'm talking about! Big schools always come in here overconfident. We almost beat Nebraska a few years back and their fans were some of the worst I've ever seen ... leaving the game saying it wasn't supposed to be that close instead of being grateful to have won the game.

We need to give the Indiana fans a miserable trip back home.

Yea, like every single Wake fan is an angel ( the junk at BC and Navy ring a bell ? ). Nebraska fans are/were terrific - regarded as super courteous by all opponents.

Yea, like every single Wake fan is an angel ( the junk at BC and Navy ring a bell ? ). Nebraska fans are/were terrific - regarded as super courteous by all opponents.

Actually they don't, so a refresher please. And agree on the Nebraska fans, at least the ones I interacted with at BB&T which by default was a ton of them

Actually they don't, so a refresher please. And agree on the Nebraska fans, at least the ones I interacted with at BB&T which by default was a ton of them

Frankly, lousy to revisit. @BC - 8-9 young alums shit-faced right below us in Wake section - being thrown out of Alumni by cops. @Navy - unknown number of Wake drunk students/fans ( several local witnesses ) post-game damage to several cars parked at a restaurant on the warf. The latter incident got bad pub in DC and WSJ following Monday.

It happens.

Nebraska fans were without question the best fans I've ever interacted with.

Frankly, lousy to revisit. @BC - 8-9 young alums shit-faced right below us in Wake section - being thrown out of Alumni by cops. @Navy - unknown number of Wake drunk students/fans ( several local witnesses ) post-game damage to several cars parked at a restaurant on the warf. The latter incident got bad pub in DC and WSJ following Monday.

It happens.

Which year was BC? I went up there in like 2009 and saw some bros throw up and get tossed.

I went to Navy and got bombed but that's only because we snuck in enough booze for six people and only buckets and I stayed when the skies opened up.

Speaking of skies opening up, the forecast isn't looking quite as wet as it might have--looks like a 30% chance of rain at noon and falling from there from what I just looked at. Still wearing the rain gear, though...

This...so much this. Had a wonderful time at Nebraska and with Nebraska fans in W-S.

The best part was that a bunch of them bought season tickets just to get tickets to that game (and then brought the tickets to the rest of the games with them to re-sell). I bought several extra tickets to the UNC and NCSU games later that season for peanuts. I especially enjoyed bringing some Carolina friends--that was Year 1 of the Butch Davis era, and they had their chests all puffed out walking in that day. Not so much walking out. If I'm not mistaken that was the day Kevin Marion took one kickoff back for a TD and was about five yards away from another.

I will echo the fact that Nebraska had the best fans of any I have ever interacted with at Groves. Knowledgeable, kind, supportive, and just damn good people

The Nebraska fan next to me was a massive whiner but smallsamplesizedeac.

Back