• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

card00542_fr.jpg

Here's an old picture of their stadium. Looks like it was the same design as our, except for increased capacity on the press box side. I think Va. Tech's Lane stadium was originally built to very close to the same specs as ours.

BTB -

Did you ever notice how similar your stadium is to our BB&T Field and even more similar to Vtech's Lane Stadium ?

Any reason you've yet to replace your old press box with a larger version ala our Deacon Tower ? Appears you did a nice job on the recent endzone construction.

I haven't seen much discussion on the press box so I don't really know. The addition of the end zone seating. which created a horseshoe like stadium, was a big step forward. Before that, the stadium was more like a MAC stadium than it was a B1G stadium. The end zone construction also included a huge upgrade in facilities with the building of a 25,000 square foot academic resource center for athletes, as well as a 25,000 square foot strength and conditioning center.

We had a decent argument for GameDay for the BC game in 2006. Can't remember what game took it from us, but I distinctly remember sitting in the Pit that morning when GameDay was on and hearing Herbstreit say that we would beat BC that night.

They went to #18 Oklahoma at #21 Texas A&M. That's a shame since A&M has had it multiple times.

Haha well upon further review Clemson doesn't even play this weekend so a loss isn't likely. It'll be ND@CU with Bill Murray as guest picker again.

So, Clemson has even less chance of losing this week then they did in week 1 against Wofford, lol. ND has that powerful UMass team to deal with, but I bet they squeak by too.

The one unique thing IU has that should be appealing for Gameday is that it would mark the return of Lee Corso to Indiana where he coached for 10 years and led IU to the Holiday Bowl. Is there any doubt that Tom Rinaldi could find some way to do an exaggerated overly dramatic tear jerker piece on Corso's return to his younger days?

We had a decent argument for GameDay for the BC game in 2006. Can't remember what game took it from us, but I distinctly remember sitting in the Pit that morning when GameDay was on and hearing Herbstreit say that we would beat BC that night.

Your memory is a little foggy. Per the beauty of (forgettingwho's) DVD service, I can attest to the fact that they all thought BC would crush us. "Smoke and mirrors" and whatnot

Your memory is a little foggy. Per the beauty of (forgettingwho's) DVD service, I can attest to the fact that they all thought BC would crush us. "Smoke and mirrors" and whatnot

Yeah Herbie acted like it was above him to talk us, don't think he picked us all year.

The hope/fantasy is that Clemson loses this weekend and IU beats Wake and is 4-0 for the first time in 15 years. I'm not holding my breath.

I will give you 30 points and 100 to 1 odds that Clemson does not lose this weekend. Any dollar amount.

Yeah Herbie acted like it was above him to talk us, don't think he picked us all year.

Not as dumb as Mark May, who when we were 4-0 said we wouldn't win another game all year. Or maybe it was that we wouldn't make a bowl. Either way, I still really don't like that guy.

after watching Wake lose over the last 40 years I have to ask ...

serious question ... I never get used to losing and each time hurts as much as the last one .. presumably we all hate to lose .. but realistically we shouldn't beat indiana since they are just better than we are ...

So given that we will lose unless all of their NFL players get hurt which of these scenarios is better ...would you rather lose by a lot on the scoreboard but statistically be in the game (sort of how we lost to Syracuse) ...

or would you rather be manhandled on both sides of the ball where they have twice the yards and first downs but be close on the scoreboard and actually have a chance to win at then end (like we lost to LA-Monroe the last two years)?

after watching Wake lose over the last 40 years I have to ask ...

serious question ... I never get used to losing and each time hurts as much as the last one .. presumably we all hate to lose .. but realistically we shouldn't beat indiana since they are just better than we are ...

So given that we will lose unless all of their NFL players get hurt which of these scenarios is better ...would you rather lose by a lot on the scoreboard but statistically be in the game (sort of how we lost to Syracuse) ...

or would you rather be manhandled on both sides of the ball where they have twice the yards and first downs but be close on the scoreboard and actually have a chance to win at then end (like we lost to LA-Monroe the last two years)?

BobKnightFan just blew his cover. Kept it going for a while. B+ effort.

winning is always possible, but one rarely wins unless they expect to win

ie. if our team expects to win Saturday, they have a decent chance of doing it

There's also a 0% chance he could figure out how to post from a different IP address.

The one unique thing IU has that should be appealing for Gameday is that it would mark the return of Lee Corso to Indiana where he coached for 10 years and led IU to the Holiday Bowl. Is there any doubt that Tom Rinaldi could find some way to do an exaggerated overly dramatic tear jerker piece on Corso's return to his younger days?

Rinaldi is so DEEP.

I spoke with one of our safeties tonight and he said that our coaches had let the boys know that IU was playing for Gameday, that they expected to win, and that the Hoosers thought they deserved to have it. He also showed belief that Wake was better than IU. Hopefully the team feels the same way.

Back