• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

If we are allowed a mulligan, let's do week 2.

Yeah, I know a certain redshirt freshman WR that would just walk away from the Syracuse sideline if we had a mulligan. I'm willing to forgive him though after that great catch against Army though.

Gameday for Indiana v Ohio st is a thing Hoosiers believe could happen? Between that and their head coach's comments, we gotta stomp em.

Gameday for Indiana v Ohio st is a thing Hoosiers believe could happen? Between that and their head coach's comments, we gotta stomp em.

Wasn't there are rumor around here during the 2006 or maybe even the 2007 season we were in the running for Game Day?

I wouldn't take the talk about Gameday as overconfidence from IU or its fans. We've got way too long a history of losing for that to happen. Coach Wilson's comments on the idea were that it's a waste of time to even talk about because Gameday isn't going to be interested in IU because we haven't won enough and we don't sell out our stadium. The Gameday discussion is far more reflective of a fan base that's starving for a team to be excited about.

I wouldn't take the talk about Gameday as overconfidence from IU or its fans. We've got way too long a history of losing for that to happen. Coach Wilson's comments on the idea were that it's a waste of time to even talk about because Gameday isn't going to be interested in IU because we haven't won enough and we don't sell out our stadium. The Gameday discussion is far more reflective of a fan base that's starving for a team to be excited about.

I'm not going to knock you guys for it, I'm 99 percent sure we had a rumor of possibly getting Game Day like I posted above. We relate to a fanbase starving for team to be excited about.

If you want to see IU overconfidence, wait until we play each other in hoops in Maui. You'll get plenty of it then. And if IU loses that game, the sky will be falling in every which way. Of course, that's pretty much how the fanbase treats every IU basketball game.

If you want to see IU overconfidence, wait until we play each other in hoops in Maui. You'll get plenty of it then. And if IU loses that game, the sky will be falling in every which way. Of course, that's pretty much how the fanbase treats every IU basketball game.

Hey BTB, you're not a bobknigfan are you?

Wasn't there are rumor around here during the 2006 or maybe even the 2007 season we were in the running for Game Day?

We had a decent argument for GameDay for the BC game in 2006. Can't remember what game took it from us, but I distinctly remember sitting in the Pit that morning when GameDay was on and hearing Herbstreit say that we would beat BC that night.

Indiana isn't even good. they're 86th out of 128 in F+\- and a 3.5 road favorite over wake forest who is likely playing a freshman qb.

The game day thing is a joke right?

Hey BTB, you're not a bobknigfan are you?

No I am not. I fully respect his accomplishments and appreciate the program he built at IU but the man's ego, petulance and hypocrisy have always been more than I can stomach. He was a great coach though. No doubt about it.

Indiana isn't even good. they're 86th out of 128 in F+\- and a 3.5 road favorite over wake forest who is likely playing a freshman qb.

The game day thing is a joke right?

Look at it this way. If Wake were in position to go 4-0 and FSU was coming to town the following week as the #1 team in the country and the defending national champ, don't you think fans would start tweeting about how Gameday should come to Winston Salem for the very first time.

Yeah that's not a bad point wasn't ripping Indiana or their fans was just surprised since win or lose against wake I imagine Indiana will be around a 21-24 point dog.

No I am not. I fully respect his accomplishments and appreciate the program he built at IU but the man's ego, petulance and hypocrisy have always been more than I can stomach. He was a great coach though. No doubt about it.

Out of curiosity, where are you from? I'm from Carmel, IN.

Look at it this way. If Wake were in position to go 4-0 and FSU was coming to town the following week as the #1 team in the country and the defending national champ, don't you think fans would start tweeting about how Gameday should come to Winston Salem for the very first time.

No, we'd never do anything like that.:thumbsup:

BTB -

Did you ever notice how similar your stadium is to our BB&T Field and even more similar to Vtech's Lane Stadium ?

Any reason you've yet to replace your old press box with a larger version ala our Deacon Tower ? Appears you did a nice job on the recent endzone construction.

BTB -

Did you ever notice how similar your stadium is to our BB&T Field and even more similar to Vtech's Lane Stadium ?

Any reason you've yet to replace your old press box with a larger version ala our Deacon Tower ? Appears you did a nice job on the recent endzone construction.

I think all 3 were originally built with the same design.

Back