• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army @ Wake Forest - 7:30 PM RSN/Bally

I just want to see a game between a service academy and a first responder academy. If we could get elementary school teachers that are also single moms to be the referees and CNAs to be the announcers...

SOOOOO MUUUUCH REEEESSSSPPPEEEECCCTTT!!!!!!

how often do we have an alum of our opponent open the gate?

1920_X_1080_CIoC7.jpg
The dude is a Bills fan. He can open the gate every week for all I care. 😉

Army OLB-DE Andre Carter may be a 1st round pick in the 2023 NFL draft: 6-7 260 pound DE

Kiper projects Carter to go #11 overall.

how does it work these days for academy grads who get drafted? defer service? defer professional career? no service?

Interesting comment from Monken that Wake doesn't run slow mesh RPO all the time, but that the RPO sets up other more traditional runs and passes because defenses have to respect the RPO.

how does it work these days for academy grads who get drafted? defer service? defer professional career? no service?
They need to get a waiver from command to play pro ball instead of beginning service obligation.

I like the UNDER for this game, for a bunch of reasons. I definitely don't see a repeat of last year's game.

1/ Our defense is way more disciplined than last year, I think we'll end up with a much more traditional Army game with lots of run plays and slow drives.

2/ The "playbook" on us is kinda out there, force us to run the ball against light fronts since our receivers and slow mesh will destroy you otherwise. Similar to what happened vs. FSU where we saw fewer drives than other games.

3/ Army is pretty bad, we should able to come out and control the game early.

4/ Our coaches do not want our defense out there against Army's offense given the injury potential against their cut blocks. If at all possible, I think we'll slow the game down to limit Army's possessions, which I think we'll be able to do thanks to #3 and #2. When we get out to an early lead, our games typically do end up hitting the Under.

I agree. Listened to Monken's presser about WF, and the first thing he said is that Army can't let WF get behind their DBs, playing press man was a mistake. Army is going to play a soft zone, and make WF go down the field as opposed to playing WF's receivers one on one. WF will score its share of TDs, but it won't be 10 on a bunch of 50+ yard bombs.

I like the UNDER for this game, for a bunch of reasons. I definitely don't see a repeat of last year's game.

1/ Our defense is way more disciplined than last year, I think we'll end up with a much more traditional Army game with lots of run plays and slow drives.

2/ The "playbook" on us is kinda out there, force us to run the ball against light fronts since our receivers and slow mesh will destroy you otherwise. Similar to what happened vs. FSU where we saw fewer drives than other games.

3/ Army is pretty bad, we should able to come out and control the game early.

4/ Our coaches do not want our defense out there against Army's offense given the injury potential against their cut blocks. If at all possible, I think we'll slow the game down to limit Army's possessions, which I think we'll be able to do thanks to #3 and #2. When we get out to an early lead, our games typically do end up hitting the Under.
If Wake can somehow make it 28-7 or so at halftime, I could see a 4 possession second half.

Don't see WF jumping out to a big early lead. Unless Army turns it over, this game will be a struggle.

Having a grad of the opposing school open the gate is small time, service academy or not. Is he going to wear an Army jersey on the back of the motorcycle?

A solid troll job would have been to find a Wake grad who was in the Navy or a prominent W-S Navy vet to open the gate.

Don't see WF jumping out to a big early lead. Unless Army turns it over, this game will be a struggle.
Saying it'll be a struggle might be a stretch. I fully anticipate us being up 3 scores middle of 3rd Q.

after us all expecting Mitch to play a lot in the Liberty game, and remembering last year's Army game, I think this one will be a lot closer than we all hope. I just have vision's of Shipley's first run in the Clemson game.

Back