• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

In town Friday for the Susto show at Grey Eagle. Thinking Cucina 24 but wife is a Zambra/Limones lover so we'll see.

Wild Ginger for lunch on Saturday for sure with Burial some where in between.

Last edited:
What's The Admiral? Trying to line up meals for the weekend. Limones and Zambra are the short list right now.

I've heard good things about The Admiral, but have never been. It's in West Asheville. A dude who used to work there opened up Stanbury in Raleigh, which is great, so I don't know if he was a main reason it was good, or what. Kind of feel like a friend's brother works there, too. I know, not great info. West Asheville is cool, though.

I've heard good things about The Admiral, but have never been. It's in West Asheville. A dude who used to work there opened up Stanbury in Raleigh, which is great, so I don't know if he was a main reason it was good, or what. Kind of feel like a friend's brother works there, too. I know, not great info. West Asheville is cool, though.

Yeah, friend we're staying with lives out that way-ish so it makes sense.

The Admiral is probably my favorite restaurant here. Super creative food in a totally non pretentious atmosphere (it's a cinder block building).

http://theadmiralnc.com/our-menu/

Tip: the "small plates" are really just small entrees. So get an hors d’oeuvres or two and a small plate and you're golden.

The Admiral is probably my favorite restaurant here. Super creative food in a totally non pretentious atmosphere (it's a cinder block building).

http://theadmiralnc.com/our-menu/

Tip: the "small plates" are really just small entrees. So get an hors d’oeuvres or two and a small plate and you're golden.

Good to know, and good feedback! I haven't spent much time in that area of town, other than to go directly to Sunny Point. If we dinner there, are the other places right around there on haywood worth checking out for an after-dinner drink?

love The Admiral, was probably the best when Elliott Moss was still there (he's the Buxton guy now), but it's been really good when I've been post-him too (which was about a year ago).. West Asheville defs the best.

You should check out Nine Mile in West Asheville too for a place that isn't as formal/doesn't take rezzys but is also awesome if you're staying on the best side of town.

Good to know, and good feedback! I haven't spent much time in that area of town, other than to go directly to Sunny Point. If we dinner there, are the other places right around there on haywood worth checking out for an after-dinner drink?

I've been to a couple of shows at Mothlight recently, and dug it's vibe. It's got a good regular bar, too, even if there's not a show going on. If you want to get weird, there is a Kava place there that is WEIRD -- Noble Kava. They do kratom and kava, but no mixture of both that creates the wonderful smack tea. Did I mention it's weird? Cuz it's weird.

Got coffee at Odd's which was good, too.

The WALK is across the street from The Admiral and is a cool place to grab some beers post-dinner. Good vibes there and pretty solid beer list usually. I go there for dinner a lot too.

I've been to a couple of shows at Mothlight recently, and dug it's vibe. It's got a good regular bar, too, even if there's not a show going on. If you want to get weird, there is a Kava place there that is WEIRD. They do kratom and kava, but no mixture of both that creates the wonderful smack tea. Did I mention it's weird? Cuz it's weird.

Got coffee at Odd's which was good, too.

Yeah Mothlight is a cool bar, Buffalo Nickel upstairs is pretty neat and has some decent cocktails (all the best cocktail places are downtown unfortunately). That Kava place has the weirdest vibe and I still haven't been to it because of that lol.

Taco Billy for breakfast or lunch tacos leebs! Much better than waiting 3 hours for Sunny Point IMHO. Then bike down to RAD and get ur drink on at New Belgium/Wedge (weather permitting).

we're hitting Early Girl on Friday morning (it's my favorite), not sure what we'll do on saturday/Sunday. I'll keep taco billy in mind - I love breakfast tacos!
wondering if getting an early start on Saturday will help us beat crowds at someplace like biscuit head...

speaking of Biscuit Head I saw this show on Travel Channel this weekend called like Top Southern Bites or something and Biscuit Head was nuber juan

there are not enough days for all of the food.

we're hitting Early Girl on Friday morning (it's my favorite), not sure what we'll do on saturday/Sunday. I'll keep taco billy in mind - I love breakfast tacos!
wondering if getting an early start on Saturday will help us beat crowds at someplace like biscuit head...

you're going to wait regardless at biscuit head on a weekend, but you're really better off going later a lot of times IMO, if I go on Sunday I aim for 12:30-1 instead of trying to compete /w/ the breakfast rush.

it's worth noting that even when the line is out the door at biscuit head your total time to get food is still <1 hour usually, slow line but fast food delivery, still a better deal than sunny point in that regard for weekend brunch.

Back