• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

A lady I know from ole meeje has a son who owns a couple shops in downtown ashville. I think they are fancy clothes and fancy gifts. I will ask when I get back. He lives above the stores in some building. He's cool we partied once. He parties

Nah the 2 taco places that appear to be nearby are White Duck Taco Shop and Mamacita's Taqueria. We've been to Asheville before, done the nice dining thing at Curate, and we're hitting a concert immediately afterwards, so we're more looking for something fast and casual, not tapas.

Also, I did not realize folks were so pissed about Wicked Weed. Yous guys are fired up ! I dunno man, they still seem to make good beer.

Ok yeah, in that case those two places are pretty good but a lot more casual IMO. You sounded like you wanted a table service type place since you were throwing out wicked weed to start, which I think kinda guided the subsequent suggestions.

Re: fired up about WW, not only is wicked weed a bunch of sellout fucks, the wait is also usually pretty long in my experience because all the tourists still go there and the food is just super meh. There are also places in Asheville (within just a few blocks even) that also make good beer, are locally owned, actually need your money, and aren't trying to ruin the craft beer market.

I don't much care for Wicked Weed. Never really liked there beer and after they took the trout sandwich off the menu I didn't think anything they did was especially good....at least to justify the crowds/tourists. However the criticism of "sell out" if pretty stupid (although pretty rampant in Asheville).

Wow good info hippy nerds. Fuck the man, but that said, natural light (an anhueser Busch beer) is the best nectar of the gods ever dealt to humans save perhaps- Perhaps!.. olde meck copper

Bud heavy is objectively the best beer man ever thought up but wicked weed is pretty good

Sometimes selling out happens like when you get successful and want to sell your product to other ppl

But yea lots of good options in Asheville

Only poor hippy nerds in Asheville would have passed on the dough. Any smart businessman would have taken it in a second.

Good for the guys at WW.

Fine, take the money. Just change the name of the brewpub to Busch Gardens and park a Clydesdale outside.

Only poor hippy nerds in Asheville would have passed on the dough. Any smart businessman would have taken it in a second.

Good for the guys at WW.

I don't think anyone really disagrees with that. But also don't be surprised when a city that prides itself on supporting local businesses (and supported you well enough to make that buyout happen in the first place) stops going there. Not that they'll really suffer for it, plenty of tourists still going to hit it up, even when the quality inevitably drops like it has with Goose Island and Elysian.

I just hope the guys that actually did the hard work starting it up got paid too (Walt and Luke), and not just the Guthy family, who are certainly "smart businessmen" (made most of their fortune on direct marketing/informercial products iirc).

So myself and 11 of my friends are spending my birthday in Asheville. We are trying to pick a place to eat dinner. Needs to be big enough to fit all of us. We are thinking somewhere not uber nice but a fun atmosphere and good drinks. Any recommendations?

I have been to the Admiral and really liked it. Limones looks pretty cool. Buxton Hall is always good.

Any other options for a crowd this size (not even sure Admiral could accommodate that) and not super fancy?

Doubt the Admiral could. You could always do Sierra Nevada. We did a big work dinner at Limones. Maybe Gan Shan Station.

We got reservations for 11 or 12 at Limones for my Bachelor party and it worked out really well. Server was amazing considering the size and make-up of the group. Habanero margs on repeat. That was like 3 years ago though. There may be better options now.

We did a group of about 10 at Curate and it worked fine. Definitely a fun atmosphere and good drinks.

I'm heading to Rhubarb on Saturday. Recommendations on what to order? We have a couple hours to kill before dinner - thinking of going to New Belgium. Have already been to Sierra Nevada and Wicked Weed but nowhere else.

We did a group of about 10 at Curate and it worked fine. Definitely a fun atmosphere and good drinks.

I'm heading to Rhubarb on Saturday. Recommendations on what to order? We have a couple hours to kill before dinner - thinking of going to New Belgium. Have already been to Sierra Nevada and Wicked Weed but nowhere else.

The lamb ribs and collard kimchi if they have it. The online menu doesn't always match the actual one.

Burial is another great beer option.

Will be in Asheville Sun-Wed. Is Farm Burger any good?

Will be in Asheville Sun-Wed. Is Farm Burger any good?
I stopped there Monday while driving through Asheville. The burger and fries were good quality but I got some type of spicy mustard which overpowered the burger at times. I believe it may have had horseradish mixed in.

I stopped there Monday while driving through Asheville. The burger and fries were good quality but I got some type of spicy mustard which overpowered the burger at times. I believe it may have had horseradish mixed in.

sounds like Lusty Monk, which is a local product. it'll definitely clear your sinuses.

Farm Burger is pretty good. I've never been to the one downtown but we hit up the South Asheville one since it's near us.

sounds like Lusty Monk, which is a local product. it'll definitely clear your sinuses.

Farm Burger is pretty good. I've never been to the one downtown but we hit up the South Asheville one since it's near us.
I had forgotten the name but Lusty Monk sounds right. I liked it but there was too much on the burger.

Already tried Curate but they are booked.

I may try calling Limones.

Back