• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ask Me about Eastern North Carolina

I read once that if the area of NC east of I-95 was its own state it would be the poorest state in the US.

have you ever seen a place more glorious than lumberton? didn't think so.

have you ever seen a place more glorious than lumberton? didn't think so.

do you remember that old thread on the Quad where someone was bitching that they were in Lumberton for work and there was no Starbucks?

classic.

Were there any slave rebellions? I know Nat Turner led his nearby in VA.

making fun of gastonia merits its own topic

There are a few oyster shacks up in pasquotank/perquimans county area that are straight up life changing, if you can find them when they are open.

We did a "Worst Town in NC" poll on the Quad a couple of years back and I'm pretty sure Jacksonville won with Lumberton close behind.

Did you know any of the family involved in the 1987 Little Washington murder featured in the book "Cruel Doubt"? If so, was the sister hot?

Why do tourists think The Sanitary actually has good seafood?

longevity + t-shirts.

I like their hush puppies, but their seafood blows.

At least they have a fish market attached where you can buy your own fish (caught that day, sometimes) and take it home to cook it

Back