• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 25 wounded in New York City blast

And suddenly America is a land of opportunity where you're expected to try your best and provide for yourself and your family. Well, apparently only if you're white.

You boys on the left ever think of sharing that expectation with people who don't look like you?

This is probably your worst post ever.

you've conveniently glossed over 250 year head start if you're making the insinuation i'm pretty sure you're making

RJ might actually be 250 years old, but I'm pretty sure the list ends there.

Assuming you are referring to the only thing you ever refer to on the boards, then you're conveniently missing an important distinction: I'm not expecting everyone who wakes up tomorrow to finish in line with everyone whose family "has a 250 year head start." I'm expecting they feed their own children, work and obey the law, because those things actually work. Having a baseline expectation for people (something you always seem to struggle with) isn't an unfair expectation, it's basic humanity. I lack the bigotry necessary to believe other people shouldn't be expected to feed their own children, but you do you.

Umm. The mexicans who have taken over manual labor jobs in this country are doing exactly that, and doing so by sacrificing more than their white counterparts who can't beat them out for the jobs, or think that they are too good for those jobs.

Most immigrants take whatever jobs that they are given, work them to the bone and provide for their familys with their meager earnings. Flyover country white trash sit on the couch, snort roxy, eat mayo sammiches, watch trump and bitch about not making $60K a year.

Umm. The mexicans who have taken over manual labor jobs in this country are doing exactly that, and doing so by sacrificing more than their white counterparts who can't beat them out for the jobs, or think that they are too good for those jobs.

Most immigrants take whatever jobs that they are given, work them to the bone and provide for their familys with their meager earnings. Flyover country white trash sit on the couch, snort roxy, eat mayo sammiches, watch trump and bitch about not making $60K a year.

But...how is this possible? Don't they know that they don't have privilege? That---systemically---you can't make it in America unless you are flyover country white trash? I'm so confused...

Did you misspell fuck?

Donations pour in for homeless man who alerted police to N.J. explosives
A GoFundMe page to a homeless man and his friend who alerted police to a suspicious backpack in Elizabeth, N.J., that has been linked to last weekend's bombs in Manhattan, has raised more than $20,000.
http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/2016/0922/Donations-pour-in-for-homeless-man-who-alerted-police-to-N.J.-explosives?cmpid=gigya-tw
1004529_1_0922%20nj%20bomb_standard.jpg

The expressed reason was to prevent similar lawsuits against the US by foreign nationals. Not sure I agree with it ( and I haven't researched it at all), but that is the reason.

That makes no sense, if that is the reason. Our laws and customs aren't honored by those idiots. Dumb.

RJ might actually be 250 years old, but I'm pretty sure the list ends there.

Assuming you are referring to the only thing you ever refer to on the boards, then you're conveniently missing an important distinction: I'm not expecting everyone who wakes up tomorrow to finish in line with everyone whose family "has a 250 year head start." I'm expecting they feed their own children, work and obey the law, because those things actually work. Having a baseline expectation for people (something you always seem to struggle with) isn't an unfair expectation, it's basic humanity. I lack the bigotry necessary to believe other people shouldn't be expected to feed their own children, but you do you.

Was it bigotry to sell the long con of trickle down that has had 30+ years to bear fruit? Was that bigotry, or just a damn good con to rig the system to line pockets at the top while feigning respect and dignity for the poor saps, black and white, at the bottom?

For the lawyers, would the statue of limitations for civil suits for 911 have run out after fifteen years?

For the lawyers, would the statue of limitations for civil suits for 911 have run out after fifteen years?

Most statutes of limitations run from notice or constructive notice. A statute of repose would usually bar, if applicable.

The presence of an independent bar, if any, would constitute all the more reason for Obama not to run interference for the Saudi government.

This action seems out of character for O. This is something that he---in the final year of his final term---should be well-positioned to do to our "friends" the Saudis. It is disappointing.

Last edited:
This override is pure grandstanding and can harm our interests worldwide. It allows other countries to sue the US for anything they blame on us whether it's justified or not.

How could we claim governmental immunity from lawsuits with any credibility if we supported our citizens suing other countries?

Back