• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

At least 25 wounded in New York City blast

How could we claim governmental immunity from lawsuits with any credibility if we supported our citizens suing other countries?

Are you familiar with the FTCA? People sue governments all the time, by statutory consent.

I know zero about international law, but how would a US court have jurisdiction over another sovereign nation and/or be able to enforce a judgment against a sovereign nation?

I know zero about international law, but how would a US court have jurisdiction over another sovereign nation and/or be able to enforce a judgment against a sovereign nation?

Monetary judgments can be enforced through seizing US-based assets.

It happened again: The FBI had the future Chelsea bomber on its radar — for a while, anyway — but let him slip through. Just as officials had done with men who became the perps in at least eight other terror attacks.
http://nypost.com/2016/09/24/the-feds-keep-letting-known-wolves-drop-off-the-radar/

Dumb article. If the info that the feds had on him was enough to justify keeping him under constant surveillance, we'd probably have to quadruple the size of the FBI

Dumb article. If the info that the feds had on him was enough to justify keeping him under constant surveillance, we'd probably have to quadruple the size of the FBI

Either that or profile people.

Either that or profile people.

Don't really understand what you're getting at. The feds get all sorts of tips about Muslim people every year (I assume that's what you're referring to re: profiling). No way they have the manpower to keep them all under close surveillance

Back