• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AT&T National Golf Tournament

Why did they keep pronouncing his name Haazz. I've always said it, and heard it in the past, the way it's spelled, "Haas", with the s at the end, not a z sound.

Why did they keep pronouncing his name Haazz. I've always said it, and heard it in the past, the way it's spelled, "Haas", with the s at the end, not a z sound.

It's because he has skillzz

For a guy who's taken a fair amount of crap for not living up to expectations, not closing the deal, etc., five wins and a FedEx Cup championship is not too shabby at all. He may not win every time he's in contention, but he sure does seem to be near the top of the leaderboard a lot.

For a guy who's taken a fair amount of crap for not living up to expectations, not closing the deal, etc., five wins and a FedEx Cup championship is not too shabby at all. He may not win every time he's in contention, but he sure does seem to be near the top of the leaderboard a lot.

I think the issue some here have had with him is, although he has had a nice year and been in contention a lot, he's really struggled on weekends this year. But he was brilliant with the pressure on yesterday. And I think everyone here would love to see him win a major, but he hasn't been in serious contention in a major yet, whereas Webb won last year's US, and most of us thought he'd win a major before Webb.

I think the issue some here have had with him is, although he has had a nice year and been in contention a lot, he's really struggled on weekends this year. But he was brilliant with the pressure on yesterday. And I think everyone here would love to see him win a major, but he hasn't been in serious contention in a major yet, whereas Webb won last year's US, and most of us thought he'd win a major before Webb.

I don't recall this at all. I think everyone I've talked to thought Webb was much more likely to win one based on his short game and putting.

If Haas putted all the time the way he did this weekend he would be very hard to beat.

If Haas putted all the time the way he did this weekend he would be very hard to beat.

Said every PGA pro. Putting is what separates the men from the boys each week...

But your point is a good one.

I guess my point was that he is a ridiculously good ball striker, which is why he is in the hunt so often.

I guess my point was that he is a ridiculously good ball striker, which is why he is in the hunt so often.

I know. And I meant it when I said your point was a good one. He's an above average ball striker

Wonder about Bill's ball flight and THE Open; but I would love to see him contend.

Back