• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Dining

Panita Thai Kitchen in Va/Hi is great also, husband/wife are only employees so food is typically great but service can be a tad slow if the place is busy

Was down in PTree Center for a meeting today, stuck my head in Gus's and got a 2 piece dark snack. Pieces were the tiniest I think I have ever seen at any chikin joint. Crispy and tasty but probably still behind the Jangle and defs nowhere in the same stratosphere as Popeyes.

Hey, I would love some advice. We are heading back down to ATl to see the Phils and Braves fight it out for the cellar champs of the NL East. we are staying at the Westin in Buckhead. I am looking for something cool to do with the boys (11-17) and good restaurants for kids near the hotel. We really enjoyed 6 Feet Under and was thinking of trying Tin Luizzy's this year.

Also curious as to buying the City Pass off of Craigslist. Too shady? We are short on time and would just power through as much as we could. We get in late Friday and heading home after the Sunday game. Not a lot of time and we have already done The Ga. Aquarium, World of Coke (which the kids want to do again and again...), Fern Bank, and the zoo. Wondering if the College Hall of Fame or CNN is better. Much thanks in advance!

Hey, I would love some advice. We are heading back down to ATl to see the Phils and Braves fight it out for the cellar champs of the NL East. we are staying at the Westin in Buckhead. I am looking for something cool to do with the boys (11-17) and good restaurants for kids near the hotel. We really enjoyed 6 Feet Under and was thinking of trying Tin Luizzy's this year.

Also curious as to buying the City Pass off of Craigslist. Too shady? We are short on time and would just power through as much as we could. We get in late Friday and heading home after the Sunday game. Not a lot of time and we have already done The Ga. Aquarium, World of Coke (which the kids want to do again and again...), Fern Bank, and the zoo. Wondering if the College Hall of Fame or CNN is better. Much thanks in advance!

Really?

Tin Lizzy is more of a bar, but my kids are fine with it. It is nothing special, just a taco joint. If your kids like sports, I would take them to the College Hall of Fame. I have heard nothing but good things (have not been yet). The Aquarium and World of Coke are not going to change, so do something different. CNN is a snoozer for kids.

I went to Tin Lizzy's for lunch yesterday. It was fine for those purposes.

Tin Lizzy is more of a bar, but my kids are fine with it. It is nothing special, just a taco joint. If your kids like sports, I would take them to the College Hall of Fame. I have heard nothing but good things (have not been yet). The Aquarium and World of Coke are not going to change, so do something different. CNN is a snoozer for kids.

They love sports and college football - as much as Wake fans can love it... I will definitely do the College HOF. It looks cool on the website. Thanks for the tip on CNN. I was trying to talk them into that over World of Coke.

I was thinking Tin Lizzy due to its view of Grant Park and taking all of the kids through the cemetery. I did it last year w/one of the boys (the oldest refused as he wanted to watch the world cup at 6 feet Under.) Now, I'm thinking Tin Lizzy for "people watching".

How about Flip and the novelty of the liquid nitrogen milk shakes? Looks like the reviews are all over the place on the joint. Any other standouts in Buckhead or near Centennial Park for lunch or dinner if we do the Hall of Fame?

One more question - Is there anything special about Lenox Square or Phipps Plaza?

Flip sucks. The milk shakes are below average. I am shocked both locations are even still open. There is nothing special about the malls except if your kids want to go to legoland. The Shake Shack in Buckhead is much better than Flip.

Yeah I assume that's like Rose Indian, Miller Union Burger, and Bocco Lupo Spaghetti and Meatballs and not food court, McDonalds, and Olive Garden.

Do you ever let your kids eat shitty normal American food, I can't see you hitting up all these places kids in tow.

Ha, Ha! Almost every day that we are not on vacation. We are getting in late Friday night and am really only looking for Saturday. A fun lunch spot near Centennial Park and another before the game. I changed dining locations since we will hit the HOF around 1:00. We usually do the Varsity, but was just looking to mix it up a bit.

I appreciate the all of advice and the link to CLA.

Rough month for ATL dining. Here to Serve (Noche, AJA, Twist, Coast, Prime) shutters due in part to a nasty divorce (which likely included some legal malpractice), and subsequent mismanagement by the wife, and now looks like Ron Eyester is on the ropes.

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc....osed-with-sales-pending-diner-will-stay-open/

As a Morningside/Va-Hi resident, actually pretty happy to see him go, provided Rosebud and FamDogg land in more capable hands.

Hopefully he gets his life back together. Diner is a disaster in Atlantic Station, I peep in there every time I go to the movies and it is like a 300 sq ft ghost town.

Old news, but posting. Never eating this overpriced pizza again.

Antico Pizza owner agrees to pay over $300,000 in back wages, damages to employees

ATLANTA – An Atlanta restaurateur who was accused of cheating his workers out of their wages for years and threatening them if they cooperated with federal officials investigating his business conduct, has agreed to pay 60 employees a total of $329,445 in back wages and liquidated damages for violating their wage rights under the Fair Labor Standards Act.

Investigators with the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division claimed that Giovanni DiPalma routinely directed his employees to work as many as 30 hours of overtime per week, yet avoided paying them proper compensation.

Instead, DiPalma is said to have paid some workers a straight salary and improperly classified others, such as kitchen staff, as exempt from overtime.

The FLSA requires employees be paid one-and-one-half times their regular hourly rates for every hour worked beyond 40 per workweek.

Additionally, DiPalma is said to have misclassified an administrative assistant as an independent contractor, thereby denying her the protections of minimum wage and overtime laws.

Rough month for ATL dining. Here to Serve (Noche, AJA, Twist, Coast, Prime) shutters due in part to a nasty divorce (which likely included some legal malpractice), and subsequent mismanagement by the wife, and now looks like Ron Eyester is on the ropes.

http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc....osed-with-sales-pending-diner-will-stay-open/

As a Morningside/Va-Hi resident, actually pretty happy to see him go, provided Rosebud and FamDogg land in more capable hands.

Hopefully he gets his life back together. Diner is a disaster in Atlantic Station, I peep in there every time I go to the movies and it is like a 300 sq ft ghost town.

eyester.jpg

dude, remember how bad the food was that time we went to family dog?

blech

Rosebud has gone straight down the shitter for the better part of three years. I think they had a failed food inspection at one point that was rough.

Yeah, he is a corndogg for sure. Still, I prolly wouldn't be serving good grub either if I was a alcoholic going through a divorce.

Hopefully he pulls it together and the purchasers of Rosebud/TFD are legit.

After a pretty meh meal at a completely empty Little Bach (at 8pm on a Friday) and the recent closing of Abattoir, I am worried the Quatrano clan is the next to fall.

Back