• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Magazine's Top 20 Burgers in the ATL

Chick fil A does have burgers at their Dwarf House locations and they are pretty tasty.

The only thing better than 2 Big Macs is 3. Waffle House has a pretty good burger too. And does it get better than Krystal? *shrug*

Ruskin, is the shake shack in Atlanta actually inferior or do our other Atlanta posters just have awful taste?

To be a really good burger, it should be a destination place. Like, I am going for the burger. You dont go to Bones for a burger, no matter how good it may be. The winner is Bocado and it is not really close IMHO. I have been to Bocado a dozen times and never considered orgering anything else.

Not the right thread, but for non-meat (or at least non-cow) eaters, the lobster rolls at Bocado on Saturdays are pretty damn good too.

Ruskin, is the shake shack in Atlanta actually inferior or do our other Atlanta posters just have awful taste?

I axed this question to my facebook friends, had comments that NYC SS > Atl's.

There's nothing wrong w/ Krystals/WaHo/Cook-out at 3am.

Its not like we're talking wines here, burgers are akin to pizza, when its good its good and when its bad its still kinda good.

When Vortex stopped doing fried zucchini I was out. Yokohama Mama is a damn delicious burger back in the day.

they have a lot of booze so peach is probably half in the bag by time the food arrives

I can handle my beer, thank you very much. :p
I will admit that it has been several years since I've been to the Vortex. If it is true that their quality of burger has gone downhill, it is a sad day indeed. :tear:

I've only eaten at the Shake Shack in Battery Park City. Have not tried the Atlanta location. I wouldn't say it was bad at all, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype.

I've only eaten at the Shake Shack in Battery Park City. Have not tried the Atlanta location. I wouldn't say it was bad at all, but it certainly didn't live up to the hype.

That was my point. People who go nuts for it I guess I kinda understand, there was a Five Guys craze around 2008. But at least some people see that its just a regular solid burg.

Back