• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Magazine's Top 20 Burgers in the ATL

I think ShakeShack is good, but I'm defs not standing in line for it. I'm not a huge fan of their fries though. In general, I prefer a thicker restaurant style burger to the smashed style that the fancy fast food burger places make.

You lost me at FLIP bro.

But your hype idea is valid and yes the In and Out is hyped but that's a damn good and tasty burger.

The original list is silly and heavily influenced by PR girls trying to promote restaurants.

I don't love Flip, but I have a hard time believing anyone thinks Five Guys is better than Flip, but to each his own. Perhaps you haven't ordered the right thing. Guess I could say your lost me with your love of a big chain restaurant. And you are correct, lists are always silly, but always provide fodder for discussion and bulletin board dissing.

Went to Grindhouse Killer Burger last night after taking the kiddos to see the lights in Botanical Gardens. Good, but not great. It was fast, easy and cheap. I like my woman like I like my burglars I guess.

Went to Grindhouse Killer Burger last night after taking the kiddos to see the lights in Botanical Gardens. Good, but not great. It was fast, easy and cheap. I like my woman like I like my burglars I guess.

Looked into doing that but couldn't believe how expensive it is for a family (and we're members). Was it worth it?

Never heard of that one. We did Lake Lanier lights this year and Calloway Gardens last year. I'll try to remember that one for next year.

Comment for Life says "Worst light show on the planet! It took one minute to drive through after waiting an hour and a half. Do not waste your money and time." I have been to the Botanical Gardens last year, I thought while not cheap, it was great, a go at your own pace, and not in a car, all plusses for me. How long does this Life thing really last?

Comment for Life says "Worst light show on the planet! It took one minute to drive through after waiting an hour and a half. Do not waste your money and time." I have been to the Botanical Gardens last year, I thought while not cheap, it was great, a go at your own pace, and not in a car, all plusses for me. How long does this Life thing really last?

It wanders throughout the campus. Typically has taken us a half hour. That dude likely went through one parking lot & missed the rest of the areas with the lights. There are spots where you can get out & walk around too.

Looked into doing that but couldn't believe how expensive it is for a family (and we're members). Was it worth it?

I'm probably biased (my boss is the immediate past chair of the Board of Trustees - he's indoctrinated us - and I live right across the street, have volunteered at and just generally love the Garden), but I totally think it's worth it. My friend's 3 year old had a blast when we took him. He loved the lights and the trains (lots of model trains, if you have kids who are into that).

I'm a fan of the Garden Lights because they have that huge train display.

Also...FLIP is a chain now, its in like 4 different cities. Just saying.

They have foreign suppliers. I read a recent article about their London branch and they use beef from the UK.

does every top x list in atl get dominated by chains?

does every top x list in atl get dominated by chains?

Not restaurants. But a lot of these "lists" are created by 27 year old PR girls who graduated from Auburn or Georgia Southern. NTTAWWT

Back