• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Electric Vehicles

These rules to qualify for the $7,500 rebate are fucking bullshit if they really want to change the makeup of America's cars on the road.

Those numbers are too low.

Yeah not clear on why there’s an income ceiling to qualify for this credit. Do you want us to buy one of these or not?

I’m a broken record here but you don’t need a home charger if your driving habits don’t call for it. Plugging into 110v overnight easily replaces my daily mileage

I’m a broken record here but you don’t need a home charger if your driving habits don’t call for it. Plugging into 110v overnight easily replaces my daily mileage
I've just been going to the Electrify America location a couple of miles from me every week and a half or so, which has worked great. Run into the Wal-Mart there for groceries and people watching for a half hour and good to go.. Free for 2 years. At some point, I'll install a box, but no need for the next couple of years.

there was no income limit for the tax credit up until the IRA passed. Pretty sure adding in the limits and the caps was the way to Manchin's vote to get the whole thing passed

I’ve been thinking about “supplementing my fleet” for some time. I commute about two miles one way to work. No need to fire up a gas engine for this. Just considering something for around town. Wouldn’t need long range or fast charging.

Looking just now at new and lightly used EVs in a fifty mile radius under $35,000…mostly Chevy Bolts and the occasional Mini Cooper or Kia Niro.

my buddy just bought a chevy bolt and while it's a little small for my liking the finishing and features are very nice. My other friend has a Niro and it looks and feels like a rental car..

Back