• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Help Me Move to San Fran

deacphan

Reaction score
Yo yo pit,

So I got an offer for a job in San Fran today, and I'm 95% sure I'm taking it. Still trying to figure out deets on where my clients will be and the like. I'm assuming primarily San Fran proper and Palo Alto area.

What are some cool, cheaper areas to live? Where should I eat? What should I do? Job offers for my fiance? Etc.!?!?!?

ZOMG I'M SO EXCITED.

Number one rule of moving to San Francisco: no one calls it San Fran.

Yo yo pit,

So I got an offer for a job in San Fran today, and I'm 95% sure I'm taking it. Still trying to figure out deets on where my clients will be and the like. I'm assuming primarily San Fran proper and Palo Alto area.

What are some cool, cheaper areas to live? Where should I eat? What should I do? Job offers for my fiance? Etc.!?!?!?

ZOMG I'M SO EXCITED.

dude, congrats. its awesome up there.

lots of awesome food and ish to do.

Go to Rosamunde, get a sausage order to go, and sit next door and drink all beers at Toronado.

A buddy of mine lived in the Sunset -- it seemed pretty cool the one time I visited.

I hit up a bar in the Castro that had a trough urinal with a long mirror on the wall canted so you could see all the dongs when peeps were micturating

holy shit that's smaller than my current place.

congrats bro, you'll wonder WTF ya were doing o'er there for so long within a few days.

Didn't you just buy a place in DC last year? Are you bringing the fiance?

Also, and this is totally nerdy, but I went and saw Evensong at Grace Cathedral and it was holy shit good. Great choir.

I lived there for a little less than a year with 3 WF friends after graduation in 1997. Portrero Hill and Sunset were the less expensive parts of the city to live in then. Great food, bars, not far from skiing & hiking, the list goes on. Damn, I'm jealous. You're gonna love it.

A buddy of mine lived in the Sunset -- it seemed pretty cool the one time I visited.

i think that's one of the spots i'm looking. a lot depends on where my clients in the bay area will be and how often i'll be onsite.

MOVE TO LA INSTEAD BRAH

no, dummy.

Didn't you just buy a place in DC last year? Are you bringing the fiance?

yeah we bought a tiny condo for a good price, so we can rent it seemingly easily to cover all mortgage+condo dues+taxes+etc.

yes, she will be coming with me. it defs makes the logistics harder to figure out as she's hesitant to leave her job during busy season, but i think we can figure out a way to do it in a somewhat hassle-free way.

thanks everyone!

Back