• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Help Me Move to San Fran

she put in her two weeks last week, so she didnt have to go to houston. nabbed a res at la folie last night for tonight. pretty pumped.

Cool, see if they've got some foie hanging out in the back somewhere. They used to do silly things with it.

Also, I'm sure you'll be stuffed, but Loving Cup a couple of blocks down is probably the most underrated dessert shop in SF.

Haven't really looked into it lately, but right when they introduced the ban a bunch of restaurants had like $80 frisee salads to which you could conveniently add a serving of FREE foie gras. Pretty funny.

I'd be surprised if they didn't have some stashed away somewhere. Who knows whether they'd admit to it. Hapa Ramen served foie last week as an FU and sold out fast.

woooooooord

i'll find out if they do. sounds like they do some "special ingredient" seasonally.

was great... i did 5 course and the lady did 4. chef also sent out a couple amuse bouches and some truffles after dessert.

i got the cauliflower soup, tempura duck egg, black cod w/ mussel stuffed squash blossom, duck breast, and some cherry desert. i wanted the sunset, but she ordered another chocolate desert. should have just stuck with it. all of the savory dishes were amazing, but a few things really shined. the soup was a great start. either the duck egg (i got truffles on the duck egg) or the duck was my fave overall dish. the duck confit was amazing. the squash blossom was awesome.

she had the goat cheese tartine (amazing, but i wouldnt have ordered it. best tartine i've had though), scallops and sweetbreads (this was maybe my fave dish, she got black truffles on it), the lamb (perfect preperation, not gamey at all), and a chocolate mousse which was really good.

somellier was great too obvi.

all in all great experience. would rec highly.

the menu is up to date on the website if you want to look at the dishes in more detail. no foie gras offered. i didnt ask. i kind of thought the duck dish was going to come with it because the waiter HIGHLY recommended it and said it came with "Chef's fave cherries" which people seemed to think was a possible code or something. oh well. was still really dope. love that it's classic french style with out being so heavy and old school.

Cool, glad you enjoyed it. Never done the dining room myself, just the lounge.

Speaking of foie, Psycho Donuts in the south bay is serving free donuts stuffed with foie and figs over the weekend, apparently.

Have you been to Angkor Borei, Emmy's, ICHI, Taqueria Cancun or Blue Plate? Besides La Ciccia, those are the places on my list for Bernal, but it's a pain in the ass for me to get down there to eat, and if we're in that area of the city we're generally going to eat in the Mission rather than keep going up to Bernal.

Finally ended up at The Blue Plate last night and was really impressed. The meatloaf and mac and cheese were awesome, but the highlight of the meal was the grilled sardine crostini. Had a lot of really interesting flavors and textures and a lot of layers. Sitting at the bar in full view of the kitchen was fun. Servers were all really nice and down to earth. And we got to witness a breakup meltdown across the bar, which was kind of entertaining. We'll be back.

Back