• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP Moving to Greensboro

theyre probably asleep already, but chicdeac, mattwfu, awar, httd, deachawk, RTQ, and wakegal will probably have some good [real] recommendations.

my bad for whoever i left out that's also in that area...

dangit. i knew there were obvious people i was missing.

Definitely go to Old Town across from UNC-Greensboro. They have all of the Natty Greene's beers, with $2 Pabst Blue Ribbon every day along with a $2 Natty Greene's "Beer of the Day." On Wednesdays they also have $1 off all adult beverages, making a whiskey and coke $3 and most of the Natty Greene's beers $2. It is by far my favorite bar (and very similar to Foothills).

If you like coffee, Tate Street Coffee and Coffeeology (also on Tate Street) are both great.

Do you have kids? Do you golf? What kind of food recs are you looking for? What kind of neighborhood? Where will you be working? Need more details.

Do you have kids? Do you golf? What kind of food recs are you looking for? What kind of neighborhood? Where will you be working? Need more details.

also renting or buying?

no matter where you live, Imperial Koi is pretty solid for sushi

theyre probably asleep already, but chicdeac, mattwfu, awar, httd, deachawk, RTQ, and wakegal will probably have some good [real] recommendations.

my bad for whoever i left out that's also in that area...

I don't think I'll really be able to help since I opted to live in Winston and commute to Greensboro. I prefer Winston-Salem and work on the far west side of Greensboro so it's easy.

Just recently accepted a new job in Greensboro.

Looking for recommendations on where to live, eat, etc.

Thanks in advanced for the help.

everyone you meet will either have lived, or know someone who lived, at Lincoln Green Apartments

ChrisL68 and I are both longtime residents of the Boro. Give us more info about your needs and we can point you in the right direction. If you are single and looking to rent, there are some great places in and close to downtown. Would also help to know where your office will be located (not that the morning commute is that tough from anywhere in GSO).

Greensboro is a great place. You can live close to downtown in a nice house (or apartment/condo if that's what you want) for not much money. Great food and arts opportunities, close to Winston for Wake games, and generally good people. I wasn't all that excited about moving there a few years ago, but really grew to like it (just in time to move somewhere else, naturally).

Back