• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP Moving to Greensboro

I very well could be moving there soon too.

Are you in GSO or Winston?

agreed, and the wine bar next door has an awesome nutella martini

Which place?

We went to Gia (second floor above pie works) this last weekend for a friends birthday party and they had this (and some other great drinks my "I don't really like the taste of alcohol" wife loved). It was a good place, but crowded - if we didn't have a private room, I'm not sure how much I would have liked it. But it had good drinks and served "Italian Small Plate dinners" - basically every plate has 3 oz. of whatever it is - you get a few and share with folks.

Also, the Grasshoppers ballpark is great. That may be the thing I miss most about Greensboro.

Which place?

We went to Gia (second floor above pie works) this last weekend for a friends birthday party and they had this (and some other great drinks my "I don't really like the taste of alcohol" wife loved). It was a good place, but crowded - if we didn't have a private room, I'm not sure how much I would have liked it. But it had good drinks and served "Italian Small Plate dinners" - basically every plate has 3 oz. of whatever it is - you get a few and share with folks.

That's the place. Matt and I sat in one of the little "library nook" tables and had drinks after our anniversary dinner at imperial koi.

We've been in High Point for 13 years. It's big enough for your daily activities, but there's not traffic of any issue. You're a short trip to Greensboro and Winston for work or evening activities.

I'm in Greensboro as well. If you're looking for a church, check out St. Francis on Lawndale.

Great city imo- many amenities of "larger" cities, but we don't have the traffic issues. Lots of great places to eat and some good culture/nature places to go for entertainment.

learn the following roads and you can get almost anywhere: Wendover, Battleground, Friendly/Market, maybe throw in Holden or High Point Road

Last edited:
I lived there for two years during grad school and still know the city well. As others have said, need more details to be really helpful.

I'm in Greensboro as well. If you're looking for a church, check out St. Francis on Lawndale.

Great city imo- many amenities of "larger" cities, but we don't have the traffic issues. Lots of great places to eat and some good culture/nature places to go for entertainment.

Grace in downtown Greensboro is also awesome. The pastor's father in law was the long time admissions guy at Wake that many of you speak quite fondly of. Naturally, I'm drawing a blank on the admission director's name....

Grace in downtown Greensboro is also awesome. The pastor's father in law was the long time admissions guy at Wake that many of you speak quite fondly of. Naturally, I'm drawing a blank on the admission director's name....

William "Bill" Starling?

I hope you have kids - Gboro is not the most exciting place but a great one to raise a family. As others said would need more details on what you're looking for. We live in Lake Jeanetter and love it (but again, we have three kids so it makes sense for us...)

Interesting our babysitter has been raving about Gia - need to check it out i guess. Imperial Koi is pretty solid (though a titch pricey).

I will be working downtown.

I'm single with no kids. In my late 20s.

I am looking to rent for a while to get a feel for the area, and then potentially buy within a year.

Back