• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATP: Purchasing a washer & dryer

This weekend I had a friend ask about washers on facebook and I was amazed at the volume of hate for front-load washers that ensued. We've had our Samsung HE front loader for four or five years, never had any film/smell issues. Ran one of those affresh tablets last year for kicks, didn't see(smell) any noticeable difference.

I bought my washer and dryer about 2 years ago at Sears. They have some sales around the holidays and are pretty easy to deal with. I didn't care about the really fancy newer machines, I just wanted a basic top load washer and basic dryer. I paid about $950 for a nice Whirlpool set. Both work well. I'm happy with them and I think they had some kind of financing deal.

I'm also with WakeGal, if you get a Lowe's credit card, you can get 5% off your purchase or get 0% off for a certain time (not sure on the amount you need to spend though).

I have a confession to make. The W/D combo I purchased was actually Samsung and not LG. However, they are still awesome.

All you really need to do to keep your front loading washer clean is leave the door open. If you have some mildew buildup, you clean the rubber piece with a Clorox wipe.

This weekend I had a friend ask about washers on facebook and I was amazed at the volume of hate for front-load washers that ensued. We've had our Samsung HE front loader for four or five years, never had any film/smell issues. Ran one of those affresh tablets last year for kicks, didn't see(smell) any noticeable difference.

All you really need to do to keep your front loading washer clean is leave the door open. If you have some mildew buildup, you clean the rubber piece with a Clorox wipe.

Agree with both of these posts. I've never had any problems with mine at all. Most of the complaints I've heard about them were from people who have never owned one.

Back