• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Attorney General Eric Holder's ballot offered to stranger (Video)

Again...not a single person has been produced at these judicial hearings.

These are poor people or old people.

So being on national TV doesn't count?

What is remarkably sad is that some people try to make potential voter fraud the weapon of one political party only. This is a clear double standard as there are no saints in the political process. Once independent, moderate and rational people realize this, our nation as a whole will benefit and prosper. Pointing fingers and assigning blame based on biased sources demonstrates a lack of critical thinking.

These are poor people or old people.

So being on national TV doesn't count?

Did they go to their house or were they seen at the studio?

And no, national TV doesn't count, they aren't under oath...

They must be paying you big bucks to suspend your common sense. Integrity should never be for sale.

The person trying to do this is committing a felony and should be arrested.

I agree RJ. People committing felonies should be arrested. Now let's start loading up the buses and get them rolling to Mexico.

Since 1998 there have been 311 cases of voter fraud in the US during which time over 590MILLION votes were cast.

Tens of thousands times that number will be denied their right to vote.

Keep telling yourselves there's a problem.

Keep telling yourself that states should be laying off teachers and other workers to fund this BS.

Keep telling yourselves this isn't about disenfranhising millions of Americans.

I have to say I don't have much of dog in this fight. I think the voter ID law is unnecessary, but so long as the government provides IDs for free I don't have much of an issue. Once you force indigent people to pay, you're looking at what is essentially a poll tax which is obviously illegal.

I don't really see the necessity but there are far more useless laws. At least this one has a theoretical rational purpose even if I don't really agree with it.

The stat is something like 500 cases of voter fraud in over 500M votes cast. Voter ID laws are only attempts to disenfranchise the poor.

Voting is a right, not a privelage.

Why would anybody not have an ID? That's what I don't get. This is an honest question.

whom/who ever is the "not the real RJ is " should get the board version of an oscar.

Good job!

Why would anybody not have an ID? That's what I don't get. This is an honest question.

There are millions of old people who don't drive. There are millions of poor people who live in cities who don't don't drive or have bank accounts.

There a people who don't have any ID and no birth certificates available.

Plus this is a poll tax. It asks people to pay for the right to vote. that was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court decades ago.

you have to understand that there are millions of people who have no form of picture ID, yet participate in society. actually, they dont really participate in society except for voting.

you have to understand that there are millions of people who have no form of picture ID, yet participate in society. actually, they dont really participate in society except for voting.

then they show up and vote 3 or 4 times at 3 or 4 different polling places....:rulz:

My grandmother hasn't driven in years, and therefore doesn't have a valid picture ID. There are many seniors in a similar situation. My great aunt never drove, and doesn't have a valid picture ID.

That's two just in my family.

There are millions of old people who don't drive. There are millions of poor people who live in cities who don't don't drive or have bank accounts.

There a people who don't have any ID and no birth certificates available.

Plus this is a poll tax. It asks people to pay for the right to vote. that was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court decades ago.

I would be more than ok with offering people a free ID Card once every 5 years for anyone that does not drive. If you lose your ID card, you have to pay to get a new one, but automatic renewals are free every 5 years. Saw a study by the Brennan Center at NYU that claimed that 21 million voting age people are without id in this country. That means that in order to provide a $5 ID card to all of these people it would cost 105 million every 5 years. That is $21m a year to ensure that everyone who votes is who they say they are. In the grand scheme of things that is pocket change and would silence this issue. Everyone would have the opportunity to vote without a poll tax. Everyone would be able to prove they were who they said they were, and we would eliminate the largest source of rumblings against voter fraud.

Libs can keep saying there is no problem, but to be honest they have no idea, because we have very limited ways to prove any sort of voter fraud without a mandatory ID check. It would be like taking away all the radar guns in the nation and then claiming we don't need them because nobody speeds. Well, how do we know if they are speeding or not unless we can judge their speed? How can we determine fraud if we have no ability to judge whether people are wrongfully representing themselves?

then they show up and vote 3 or 4 times at 3 or 4 different polling places....:rulz:

My grandmother hasn't driven in years, and therefore doesn't have a valid picture ID. There are many seniors in a similar situation. My great aunt never drove, and doesn't have a valid picture ID.

That's two just in my family.

My brother is handicapped, and he doesn't drive. He has a passport, but I'm not sure it's even still valid.

Back