• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ATTORNEY GENERAL JEFF SESSIONS

pink-floyd-the-wall-13201711-31-311.jpg

Is this an example of Trump being a democrat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I hope Sessions will back off some of the more extreme positions of the Obama Justice Department. This is one swamp that needs to be drained.

On the flip side, he is fighting the tide on the subject of marijuana. Just as important, he is a believer in civil forfeiture. Being "anti-crime" can lead you down some dark alleys. There seems to be little in him that is libertarian.

Forget about the racist statements and the immoral of civil rights giants in AL for a bogus voter fraud case in the 80s. Here's a link to how far out of the mainstream Session was during the Kagan hearing in the Senate Judiciary:

http://www.sessions.senate.gov/publ...eases?ID=80809150-e480-cff3-54bd-732a8a2789d3

"She clerked for Judge Mikva and Justice Marshall, each a well-known liberal activist judge. And she has called Israeli Judge Aharon Barak—who has been described as the most activist judge in the world—her hero. " (in Sessions' bizarro world clerking for a giant of American juris prudence is disqualifying)

So far, this is the one most likely to be rejected by the Senate and justifiably so.

I don't like Sessions because I think he's a bit of an idiot, but the below article is a decent counterbalance to the echo chamber here:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/in-al...he-death-penalty-for-kkk-head/article/2005461

The article doesn't really do much to dispute his problems. It spends more time trying to discredit them with Bork comparisons. I also may have missed it, but his role in school desegregation isn't really detailed either. The most credit seems to be given for getting the death penalty for someone who committed a capital crime.

When he was a U.S. Attorney, Donald Trump’s nominee for attorney general declared that “I wish I could decline on all” civil rights cases. Sessions called the NAACP and the ACLU “un-American” and “communist-inspired” organizations. He joked that used to think the Ku Klux Klan were “ok” until he found out they were “pot smokers.” He once called a black former assistant U.S. Attorney “boy.”

And his actual record is arguably even worse. “Jeff Sessions got his start prosecuting voting rights activists in Alabama on bogus voter fraud charges,” notes Sam Bagnestos, a professor at the University of Michigan Law School and the number two official in the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division under Holder. “Throughout his career, he has shown hostility to the historically important work of the Civil Rights Division. The damage he can do to civil rights enforcement as attorney general is incalculable.” Nothing about his subsequent history suggests that he’s changed.
link

Back