• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin Proehl

James Mcdougald would take your arm off. Duckett and Baumgardner were studs too. The fourth quarter comeback against Clemson in 1980 was amazing . Could have easly won 7 or 8 that year.

Link to a partial bio of Bob Bartholomew. http://www.ncshof.org/2012/03/09/bob-bartholomew/

As is common, great guy and great player who played on some bad Wake teams. Wake has these gems, but not enough and not enough at one time to be great.

Bob was a great football player. He was not real big by today's standards, but he had something on the field not all players possess which was a mean streak. He was relentless. Funny to me that two of our best offensive linemen of all time are from Rocky Mount and both in the NC Sports Hall of Fame.

Bob was a great football player. He was not real big by today's standards, but he had something on the field not all players possess which was a mean streak. He was relentless. Funny to me that two of our best offensive linemen of all time are from Rocky Mount and both in the NC Sports Hall of Fame.

220lbs we pretty big back then. I've good a really old Wake Football program from the 30's and I think the whole team just had a few guys over 200lbs.

220lbs we pretty big back then. I've good a really old Wake Football program from the 30's and I think the whole team just had a few guys over 200lbs.

Pretty amazing how football linemen are about 100 lbs heavier today than they were 50 years ago. Also, the disparity in size between linemen and all the other players is much greater now than it was then. "skill position" guys were in the 150-190 range, and linemen around 200. Not like today, where linemen are 300+ and the "skill position" guys are around 200 - 220.

Back