• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin, TX cops arrest female jogger for jaywalking

Yeah, because a shooting death is exactly the same as some cops trying to pin down a guy while being handcuffed. Are you and I really going to do this? How many times did a bunch of cops pin down a guy to handcuff him within the past 24 hours? 100 times? 1000 times?

ETA: It appears I was also naive. Apparently an average of about 38,000 people are arrested per day in the U.S. I'm assuming those are differentiated from the people who are detained by police but not placed under arrest. How many of those arrests involve officers pinning people down to handcuff them? A sizable proportion seems a reasonable assumption. Also probably reasonable to assume that in a fraction of those 38,000 arrests the officers were mistaken or overzealous. It's a wonder all the cops in America aren't behind bars by now.

Last edited:
You're arguing a point I'm not making- which is understandable since you apparently enjoy doing that.

You're arguing that some cops who pinned a guy down to handcuff him are definitely going to prison, which is highly unlikely.

These cops show up, make a false assumption about who's involved, and go after the one guy who had nothing to do with the incident and was trying to calm the situation. 5 cops pile on top of him. We're back to the "even if you think you're right" situation but in this case, it certainly appears to have been overkill and unjustifiable. Certainly avoidable- had they investigated a little before getting into it. Again, they get presumption in these situations but it's foolish to think cops never get prosecuted for going overboard.

They might be prosecuted (that's unlikely, too), but they almost certainly will not see jail time.

Agree that they fucked up and should be held to a higher standard.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/...er-confronting-man-filming-arrests-in-towson/
Early Sunday morning, a man videotaped as Baltimore County police arrested two people in Towson. As the video rolled, he was confronted by an officer.

“I’m allowed to do this,” he told the officer.

“Get it out of my face,” the officer replied.

“I have my rights,” the man said.

“You have no rights,” the officer said.

But the man didn’t stop rolling and was once again aggressively approached.

“Do you see the police presence here? Do you see us all? We’re not [expletive] around. Do you understand? Do not disrespect us and do not not listen to us,” the officer said. “Now walk away and shut your [expletive] mouth or you’re going to jail, do you understand?”

After backing away, the officer came at the man a third time, appearing to grab him.

“I thought I had freedom of speech here,” the man said.

“You don’t. You just lost it,” the officer replied.

They're not going to jail but that family gonna get paid.

speaking of police not doing their jobs...

Last edited:
Back