• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Austin, TX cops arrest female jogger for jaywalking

The babes in Austin don't have enough disease for ELC......

lol, cop tells you to stop breaking law -> act like a douche about it -> get pissed when cop acts like a cop.

Certainly not condoning what the cops did here, but I agree with ITC in the sense that all cops have a respect complex. Is that warranted? In most cases, no. But doesn't change the fact that in general if you disrespect a cop, almost always the cop is going to overreact. In a streetwise sense, people should show deference every time to a cop, no matter how frustratingly outrageous they're acting, lest you get hauled off to jail in your jogging clothes. Easier said than done, though. Especially for profiled groups, which I'm rarely a part of.

she got arrested for wearing those dumbass shoes, right?

no way she could have hidden a weapon or drugs in that little jogging outfit, or those shoes. There was no need to arrest her. If she refused to stop for an ID check, you just let her go. You can't catch all the criminals, so you try to stop the ones who are carrying weapons and shit. 5 goddamn cops to take down that chick? Meanwhile, some asshole like in that video was holding up a store 5 blocks away.

her body is her weapon, dude

41E8KEMJ0WL.jpg

It's not until after jaywalkers get killed (I believe Atlanta, while a city in decline, is also a leading US metropolis for pedestrian deaths) that people call for police to have done more and protect people from... themselves. As I said, that's only after, though.

maybe you people in the city of decline could stop for pedestrians

That was fucked up. How is that chick jogging in her skivvies even remotely close to this though?

Arguing the validity of being detained or arrested with the cops at the time they're doing it is foolish and unproductive. It's only going to get you more fucked up. Is that a shitty state of affairs? Yup. But cops aren't really interested in discussion and frankly, as a society, we don't need or want them chatting with suspects of whatever crime. The video I posted was of a stop for speeding- something I'd say occurs hundreds of more times a day in this country than a jaywalking stop. Yet even in something so commonplace, cops never know what to expect.

My point is this: whether you're 100% right or 100% wrong or somewhere in between, make your case to the judge, not the asshole with the badge and gun who may be having a bad day and is tired of hearing you ignore his order. Fighting with the cops is just never going to end well for you. And you could be utterly in the right and yes, it's fucked up. Just fucking do what they say, get a lawyer, go to court, and deal with it. The incident Faithful posts above is a good example. Cops get the situation wrong, completely wrong, and someone dies. They'll go to prison now, as they should.

Good example here.
Firefighter argues with cab driver over fare, cabbie calls cops, firefighter runs. Gets detained by cop, starts to fight, ends up dead. Is a fucking cab fare dispute worth that? As I said before, jaywalking is a ridiculous thing to be stopped and cited for... until someone gets run over by a car. Then it's serious and something should be done to prevent it and where were the cops and there should be more traffic controls and blah blah blah. Protect us from ourselves.

Very slim chances of this. Get real.

Nothing "unreal" about it. While it's difficult to overcome the presumption that police inherently have, there are plenty of examples of officers being prosecuted and imprisoned for excess force, especially in the "everyone has a camera" era. Shit, just do a fucking Google search. None of us can speak to the specifics of this case beyond the media report but it certainly *seems* that these cops fucked up from the get-go.

Maybe you should pound your keyboard in frustration a little more. That'll help. Shake your fist at the screen.

Back