• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Avengers Endfinity Wargame Mafia; MAFIA WINS

Knight (6) - BBD, dv7, Juice, ryala, Ph, Nonny
GAT (4) - rommy, damo, gouda, SD3
bern (3) - mako, Knight, tim
Da (3) - redwing, GoalieMom, tcc
numbers (2) - bym, toogs
rommy (1) - Da
damo (1) - Eagles
dv7 (1) - Townie
Ph (1) - WFU03
bym (1) - JMan
gouda (1) - GAT
Nonny (1) - bern
tim (1) - shiny
shiny (1) - numbers

YTV: None

1 min

JMan (8) - Da, toogs, BBD, ryala, GAT, dv7, WFU03, redwing
WFU03 (7) - rommy, Eagles, shiny, damo, SD3, JMan, tim
shiny (6) - numbers, tcc, gouda, Juice, bym, mako
dv7 (1) - Townie
numbers (1) - GoalieMom
mako (1) - bern
mako (1) - Ph

Townie (8) - rommy, Da, Juice, Eagles, gouda, tim, GAT, numbers
WFU03 (6) - SD3, GoalieMom, mako, redwing, tcc, dv7
redwing (2) - bern, toogs
Juice (1) - WFU03
gouda (1) - bym
GoalieMom (1) - shiny
GAT (1) - damo
dv7 (1) - Ph
Da (1) - ryala
Ph (1) - Townie

DNV: None

PM if issues. You have 3 min.

dv7 (11) - GoalieMom, Ph, rommy, bern, Juice, numbers, SD3, redwing, mako, GAT, bym
toogs (3) - Da, ryala, shiny
Ph (1) - toogs
redwing (1) - dv7
shiny (1) - tcc

DNV: Eagles, tim, WFU03

Due to majo, no votes for Eagles, tim, and WFU03 will not count against them

for reference

Mako and GAT both had very late votes on dv7 once the majo was pretty obvious, both felt the need to explain their decisions in a defensive tone as well. I would be fine going with either one, with priority towards GAT

Yet you vote tcc? Makes sense.

Tim might not have been the RB on eagles. Its definitely possible he is mafia and lying, the other option is there is a civ jailer.

Eagles could also be a civ and lying. Not out of the question for eagles to write some poetry

Tim might not have been the RB on eagles. Its definitely possible he is mafia and lying, the other option is there is a civ jailer.

Tim was not (the only) RB on Eaglez. Tim’s power has a 1 night cool down.

curious about some of the one-off votes that involve known mafia:

shiny voted tim day 1

ph voted dv7 day 3

dv7 voted redwing day 4

I am being informed I'm roleblocked. Mafia usually can't roleblock consecutive nights and I'm as likely as anyone to have a watcher on me if there's a watcher, so I'm assuming I'm being jailed which usually has the same info being provided.

Help me understand. Is there a civ roleblocker and they are taking turns?

i like townie over redwing or 03.

***townie***

o_O

This was the vote count just before the maf_tim vote on maf_townie, which was with 10 mins left in the round:

Townie (6) - rommy, Da, Juice, Eagles, gouda, dv7
redwing (5) - GAT, bern, toogs, Townie, tcc
WFU03 (4) - SD3, GoalieMom, mako, redwing
Juice (2) - numbers, WFU03
GoalieMom (1) - shiny
GAT (1) - damo
gouda (1) - bym
dv7 (1) - Ph

YTV: ryala

Around 7 min left

Eagles roleblock jailing thesis

As a preface: if someone has been roleblocked besides eagles, please say so. Would affect the following:

Six possible universes exist in my mind. I’ve never seen an Indy with roleblock:

1. Eagles is civ / mafia roleblock
2. Eagles is Indy / mafia roleblock
3. Eagles is mafia / mafia roleblock
4. Eagles is civ / civ jailing
5. Eagles is Indy / civ jailing
6. Eagles is mafia / civ jailing
7. Eagles is civ / no roleblock
8. Eagles is Indy / no roleblock
9. Eagles is maf / no roleblock

1. Mafia doesn’t know the setup so they can’t know if we have a watcher. Therefore they wouldn’t want to stick their roleblocker out in the wind like that 3 nights in a row. Small chance it is an unwatchable roleblock but I’ve never seen that before and seems overpowered if it can be used on the same person consecutively.
2. Same as #1 + civs are getting lucky.
3. This was one of two reasons I started drafting this post. Using the watcher existence logic from #1, this would be a long con play that would get their roleblocker sacrificed, but nearly clear eagles. That said, eagles would likely get hit on a cop investigation. We know there is a godfather in the game so unless we never see a godfather flip otherwise, we are probably safe here because it wouldn’t make sense to sac the rb for a non-gf eagles. If a gf never flips and a mafia rb flips and eagles is alive late, ice his ass.
4. There’s no logic to disprove this. 4-6 are equally likely. Only downside is if Eagles is a powerful civ. Cop should have a report on eagles so should be fine.
5. There’s no logic to disprove this. 4-6 are equally likely. Cop should have a report on eagles so should be fine.
6. There’s no logic to disprove this. 4-6 are equally likely. Cop should have a report on eagles so should be fine.
7. This was the other reason I started drafting this post. Eagles right away claimed he could be jailed d2 which seemed weird to me. I would think the optimal play, if eagles is actually jailed, would be to stay quiet and hope he is jailed again and mafia tries to hit him, causing a miss hit. Yet he claims it. This is an amazing poetry play I wish I thought of if Eagles is faking these jailings. There’d be no way for maf to know unless they had a watcher themselves, which is unlikely but not impossible. I’d say it would be worth the risk as civ-eagles to try to stay alive by claiming a fake jailing. That said, that is 100% my play style and not really eagles.
8. Same as 7 only if Indy, the mfer has a bullet proof vest probably and this jail claim is how he is planning on explaining surviving a night hit. It would also obfuscate the would-be miss hit in mafia’s eyes. Would be a “home run” play if he avoids being watched but prob not too likely.
9. Same as 8 but I see super low utility in it since we should have a watcher and mafia typically needs “singles” and not “home runs” to win.

I post this to call people’s attention to possibilities #3, #7 and maybe #8. All of this said, I’m tabling eagles because occam says we are dealing with #4-6 and a cop has a report on his alignment and none of this matters.

read^

Help me understand. Is there a civ roleblocker and they are taking turns?

I mean, that would be a weird coordination. If eagles isnt lying, and his read of what is happening is correct, he is getting jailed - cant be killed at night and his powers dont work. That is likely different than an odd night mafia roleblocker. No one else claiming roleblock is weird, I will give you that, but its not unheard of to not be told if you are roleblocked.

I still think the trio I mentioned before (dv7, gat, tcc) might have another mafia in it. I also wonder if redwing was getting protected by them as well.

I'd like to see gat get some love for now and hear more though.

***gat***

Back