• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

I've spent quite a lot of time in Ohio, but I always remember how to spell bananas by singing Hollaback Girl: This shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Nah, not really, I just know how to spell it.

Anyway, back to the MAPS.

Google Maps V. Apple Maps

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/key-difference-between-google-apple-145935756.html

This_is_the_key_difference-dc5a25ac5cad6d8a904c98025d3ada89

Well yeah, you don't want it cluttered up by default. You can just search "landmarks" or "attractions" in Google maps if you want all that other junk displayed.

I picked up a couple globes from the 80s at an estate sale for $5. Both have East/West Germany and the USSR. I'm taking one to work and leaving the big 16" lighted globe for our home office. I love the history of them and could care less if they're no longer accurate.

After quickly scanning the thread, I didn't see this already.

cc258e0bda470816eaa11a36410746cd609fabff43d77912916fc4ffd343cdaa_1.jpg

I know, "Murrican exceptionalism" and all that, but I would vote for any politician that promises to get the US to adhere to the DD/MM/YY standard.

can we get a map correlating awesomeness and imperial measurements and correct date formats

why DO we use the mm/dd format? Never really thought about it before.

tsywake's Awesome Map Thread

When we say dates out loud, we say month before date. Why not record it that way too?

In the UK for instance, they do the reverse. Is the spoken custom a product of the written one or vice versa? Derrida wrote books about this shit.

tsywake's Awesome Map Thread

MM-DD-YY was personally responsible for the epochal disaster that was Y2K.

Back