• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

Dunno how Wyoming has insufficient data. Large mammals are everywhere there.

Probably not enough people to kill there.

The CDC does not release statistics when there are fewer than 10 deaths in a state. Probably because it would be too easy to identify individuals.

Wyoming, and other low population states just don't have enough animal caused deaths of people to meet the minimum.

The CDC does not release statistics when there are fewer than 10 deaths in a state. Probably because it would be too easy to identify individuals.

Wyoming, and other low population states just don't have enough animal caused deaths of people to meet the minimum.

I still have a hard time believing that fewer than ten people die there per year after driving through Central/Western Wyoming. There was cattle everywhere, bison in Yellowstone, elk and deer all over the place, not to mention a few bears. Plus I'd have to imagine people fall off horses regularly.

I still have a hard time believing that fewer than ten people die there per year after driving through Central/Western Wyoming. There was cattle everywhere, bison in Yellowstone, elk and deer all over the place, not to mention a few bears. Plus I'd have to imagine people fall off horses regularly.

Lots of animals. Not many people. Also, large animals are much more likely to cause injury than death. If you fall off a horse, the horse isn't likely to kill you. Same with cattle. They may trample and hurt you with their weight, but don't really exert effort to kill.

Lots of animals. Not many people. Also, large animals are much more likely to cause injury than death. If you fall off a horse, the horse isn't likely to kill you. Same with cattle. They may trample and hurt you with their weight, but don't really exert effort to kill.

I was thinking more along the lines of tourists wrecking into cattle or deer at night but you're probably right.

I was thinking more along the lines of tourists wrecking into cattle or deer at night but you're probably right.

Cattle are suppossed to be on one side of the fence, and cars on the other. Even then, a car hitting a cow doesn't necessarily kill the people in the car. Now hitting a moose on the other hand....

I thought that was a coyote; turned out to be a dog.

Surprised PA and a few others aren't deer.

Deer don't run over people out in the open. A deer getting hit by a car is very bad for the deer, but the people, while injured, usually survive.

Personally I am 3-0 vs deer when in my vehicles on roads.

Deer don't run over people out in the open. A deer getting hit by a car is very bad for the deer, but the people, while injured, usually survive.

Personally I am 3-0 vs deer when in my vehicles on roads.

And I'm 1-0 v. Deer.

However, no one is posting who lost to a deer.

Surprised PA and a few others aren't deer.

The map is most "unique" way to die, involving an animal - not the most common way to die involving an animal. So if 1,000 people die from a deer incident and 10 die from wasp stings, the map would have wasp on it.

The map is most "unique" way to die, involving an animal - not the most common way to die involving an animal. So if 1,000 people die from a deer incident and 10 die from wasp stings, the map would have wasp on it.

not necessarily. It is the highest number of animal deaths above the national average. About 150 people die each year from deer (3/state), 60 die from wasps (1.2/state). If 1000 people die from deer in your state, that is higher above the national average in raw number than wasps, but has the exact same percentage increase above the national average. not sure which of those numbers tha map uses (raw increase or % increase)

Surprised that inflatable butt plug isn't on here. Those things are dangerous and pretty much everybody has one.

Back