• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

How do you retake land when you lose? Do you acquire a team's consolidated winnings or just that teams fan base?

According to the map methodology, you acquire a team's consolidated winnings. Thus Wake "owning" part of Illinois, courtesy of the BC win over NIU.

What happens if a team loses and then beats a previously unbeaten team? Do they have territory of that team, but not their own home territory?

According to the map methodology, you acquire a team's consolidated winnings. Thus Wake "owning" part of Illinois, courtesy of the BC win over NIU.

What happens if a team loses and then beats a previously unbeaten team? Do they have territory of that team, but not their own home territory?

Was just thinking of this. If you lose and then win again, you own some territory far from home. You'd have to beat a team that beat the team you lost to before they lost again.

I guess if two teams who lost the previous week play then no territory is up for grabs?

This is going to be a lot of fun.

I could be wrong, but in reading it again, could it be an elimination thing where once you lose you cannot gain land anymore? ie you're out!

Oh, I just assumed you could win it back. That would be kinda silly. Once top teams stop playing each other the field freezes. Much more dynamic and interesting if you can get back in the game.

If you lose a game you lose all the land you have and the team that beats you gets all the land you have. So for Wake, if Utah State wins this week then they get the Winston area, all of the New England area, and the Dekalb area around NIU.

Utah State has no land because they lost theirs to Wisconsin and beating an FCS team gets you nothing if they don't have land (FCS teams can win their way in like JMU did over ECU but FCS teams do not start with any land). So Wake gets nothing this week if they beat Utah State because they have nothing.

There is no "elimination." If a team is coming off a loss to an FBS team they just don't have any land. You can always win land back by beating a team who has land.

Correct. They have all the land that the previously unbeaten team had but not their own.

The only way to get your own land back after you lose your first game is to beat a team who beat the team that beat you. And then you only have it until you lose again.

What determines a team's home land? The extent of their radio network? Like why does BC have much of New England and we have a sliver around Winston?

It would be cool if they did previous seasons to see how it all played out

What determines a team's home land? The extent of their radio network? Like why does BC have much of New England and we have a sliver around Winston?

Each county is assigned to the closest FBS Division 1 team. BC is the closest team to all of those counties in the Northeast.

Here is how last year's ended - there is no week by week thing though like this year:

http://i.imgur.com/7jejpnk.jpg

The best part is that once an FCS team gets land it's tough for an FBS team to get it back because most matchups are early season. James Madison has no FBS games left so unless they get beat by a team who still has an FBS game later in the year, an FCS team will end up with land at the conclusion.

I think you people are spending too much time on this.

Here is how last year's ended - there is no week by week thing though like this year:

http://i.imgur.com/7jejpnk.jpg

The best part is that once an FCS team gets land it's tough for an FBS team to get it back because most matchups are early season. James Madison has no FBS games left so unless they get beat by a team who still has an FBS game later in the year, an FCS team will end up with land at the conclusion.

The best part of that one is the section around UAB where they just wrote in "Here be dragons."

It's interesting that Wake could beat FSU and still not gain any territory.

Back