• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Awesome Map Thread

I don't know much about their sales but PR&R are incredibly influential all the way up the American rock scene

Kinda surprised Tina Turner would be more than Dolly.

i don't know the wyoming, maine, or montana people.

nebraska is just LOL

are they saying some members of a band are born in a state therefore they count. like how many Aerosmith people are from NH (and I am not going to look it up).

are they saying some members of a band are born in a state therefore they count. like how many Aerosmith people are from NH (and I am not going to look it up).

I don't know. I've always thought of Aerosmith as a MA band. I know Joe Perry is MA.

ETA: quick wikipedia search shows that none of them were born in NH.

The good news for Nebraska is I was expecting to see 311 listed.

I've never heard of Billy Gillman but I don't want to live in a world where he sells more than the Talking Heads.

After typing that I googed to see that the Talking Heads are considered a New York band because the predecessor band formed in RI changed the name in NYC. I still consider them a RI band.

How has Kenny G outsold Nirvana and Pearl Jam?

Is it really a surprise? Kenny G is mainstream popular. Nirvana hasn't performed in over 20 years and Pearl Jam is popular, but niche.

vnUQ2GY.png

Quick google shows 75 M worldwide for Nirvana and over 100 M worldwide for Pearl Jam. Map invalidated.

Quick google shows 75 M worldwide for Nirvana and over 100 M worldwide for Pearl Jam. Map invalidated.

I saw 75 and 60 on mine. Google isn't even sure what to think about the map.

That map is momentarily confusing if the first thing you look at is Kansas or Illinois.

upon review Nebraska may have taken the bottom slot

The Mannheim Steamroller guy has a song on The Rolling Stones top 100 country songs of all time. That’s enough for me to keep Nebraska off the bottom.

But there are several I have not heard of and even some big names I do recognize but could not name a song of theirs. Like Toni Braxton. I could not give you a song title off the top of my head.

Back