• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AZ Tea Party get legalized discrimination bill to pass

happy she made the right decision, but her veto comments were such a punt, though.

"Senate Bill 1062 does not address a specific and present concern related to religious liberty in
Arizona. I have not heard of one example in Arizona where a business owner’s religious liberty
has been violated.

The bill is broadly worded and could result in unintended and negative consequences."

lame

RINO

happy she made the right decision, but her veto comments were such a punt, though.

"Senate Bill 1062 does not address a specific and present concern related to religious liberty in
Arizona. I have not heard of one example in Arizona where a business owner’s religious liberty
has been violated.

The bill is broadly worded and could result in unintended and negative consequences."

lame

This is pretty much what I would say too. The bill doesn't address anything related to religious liberty, there isn't an example present because Arizona employers can already fire people for whatever they want as long as it doesn't violate statute or (legally defined) public policy and the bill is extremely broadly worded and would undoubtedly result in unintended and negative circumstances.

The statement shows she would have signed the bill had there not been a huge backlash.

Although this is the right decision, AZ is one of the 29 states where it's 100% legal to fire someone for being gay:

http://www.upworthy.com/29-states-can-fire-you-for-being-gay-is-your-state-one-of-them

Before you applaud them, how about this legislated hate and bigotry?

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if Gooddell flexes his pimp hand on her a little more. As far as I've seen, the NFL hasn't come out and said they are keeping the Super Bowl there, so they are still operating under the "closely monitor" procedure. I think he might end up yanking it anyway because of some of their other laws, especially if replacements for 1062 start being proposed. The NFL is trying to now penalize (intra)racial slurs and is about to have an openly gay player, I don't think he is going to reward AZ with a Super Bowl under the rapidly changing circumstances.

You're right 2&2. It's perfectly OIK to have laws in place to allow people to be fired simply for being gay.

For the sake of argument let's say being gay is a choice and a "lifefstyle". There's no question being a Christian is a choice and many live their lives according to their Christian faith.

If it's constitutional to allow people to be fired for their "choice" of being gay, it must be equally constitutional to fire for their "choice" to be Christian.

You're right 2&2. It's perfectly OIK to have laws in place to allow people to be fired simply for being gay.

For the sake of argument let's say being gay is a choice and a "lifefstyle". There's no question being a Christian is a choice and many live their lives according to their Christian faith.

If it's constitutional to allow people to be fired for their "choice" of being gay, it must be equally constitutional to fire for their "choice" to be Christian.

Did you even read what he posted?

Shit dude, just slow down and take a break.

They were talking about the SB being moved this morning on Mike and Mike. Apparently, Goddell had already told Tampa, FL to be on standby to host the SB if the bill passed.

They were talking about the SB being moved this morning on Mike and Mike. Apparently, Goddell had already told Tampa, FL to be on standby to host the SB if the bill passed.

We ready.

Just want to say that after reading this thread I am exhausted for JH. Regardless of position, that is like Leonidas defending the gap vs. the Persian army on this thread. It is like 20 vs. 1 and he keeps it going for a long time. Impressive endurance.

Just want to say that after reading this thread I am exhausted for JH. Regardless of position, that is like Leonidas defending the gap vs. the Persian army on this thread. It is like 20 vs. 1 and he keeps it going for a long time. Impressive endurance.

I think he just needs a new hobby

Kind of the pot calling the kettle black isn't it? You have 9,000 posts and he has 8,000. We all post here for our own reasons.

We have around the same number of posts, but he's probably posted 3x the number of words on this board as I have

Back