• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AZ Tea Party get legalized discrimination bill to pass

I don't have anything in my RSS Reader. I don't have one at all. It seems the conclusion beat the facts to your finish line. Again.

So...anything else off topic you want to talk about, or am I going to get a good reason why Asians get red-lined by this so-called fairness policy?

Ill answer it. Can't really understand why everyone is avoiding this ... perhaps just to piss you off.

Asians due get the shaft with AA. It sucks, and it is a weakness of AA. It is why I don't like it as a long term solution. But due to the historic inequalities against african americans in this country I can handle a little inequality all around in the favor of people who have had a pretty tough go from the beginning here. So there is no good explanation. You are right. It isn't fair. The quicker that racist people die, and the sooner we increase the opportunities for african americans the sooner we can rid ourselves of AA.

Want to get rid of AA, make it obsolete. Make the equality so obvious that people who support AA look foolish.

Ill answer it. Can't really understand why everyone is avoiding this ... perhaps just to piss you off.

Asians due get the shaft with AA. It sucks, and it is a weakness of AA. It is why I don't like it as a long term solution. But due to the historic inequalities against african americans in this country I can handle a little inequality all around in the favor of people who have had a pretty tough go from the beginning here. So there is no good explanation. You are right. It isn't fair. The quicker that racist people die, and the sooner we increase the opportunities for african americans the sooner we can rid ourselves of AA.

Want to get rid of AA, make it obsolete. Make the equality so obvious that people who support AA look foolish.

Nobody is avoiding it, they're just clowning on jhmd because he is such an obvious clown. Why try to have a serious conversation with him?

Nobody is avoiding it, they're just clowning on jhmd because he is such an obvious clown. Why try to have a serious conversation with him?

He is no clown he just disagrees vehemently with you. The nature of these boards. He holds an extremely conservative view on AA on y'all mock him for it. It is like 10 vs. 1 of relentless attacks against the guy. I don't even really agree with him on this subject and I feel bad for him.

He is no clown he just disagrees vehemently with you. The nature of these boards. He holds an extremely conservative view on AA on y'all mock him for it. It is like 10 vs. 1 of relentless attacks against the guy. I don't even really agree with him on this subject and I feel bad for him.

No, he actually is a clown. Where he stands on the topic has nothing to do with his posting style and assholery

Reactions: ONW
In my opinion, the biggest barrier to reasoned discourse on the boards with any subject is the inability or unwillingness to concede a point or say "fair enough" and walk away. Of course conflict keeps things interesting, but jhmd is a member of the minority of posters on here that I can't recall conceding points. RJ and Lectro are in the same group. Is that principled and honorable, I don't know. Sometimes you're beat, and it seems the honorable thing to do to admit that. Just my $.02 FWIW.

Do you feel bad for RJ when you and 9 other conservatives attack him?

Because you agree with jhmd more often. They're very similar.

In my opinion, the biggest barrier to reasoned discourse on the boards with any subject is the inability or unwillingness to concede a point or say "fair enough" and walk away. Of course conflict keeps things interesting, but jhmd is a member of the minority of posters on here that I can't recall conceding points. RJ and Lectro are in the same group. Is that principled and honorable, I don't know. Sometimes you're beat, and it seems the honorable thing to do to admit that. Just my $.02 FWIW.

I get that. But jhmd asked a pretty reasonable question about 50 different times and instead if anyone giving him an answer y'all just mocked him.

I can see how his posting style gets under people's skin, but the question regarding Asian Americans is a pretty legit flaw of AA and no one wanted to get near it.

Because you agree with jhmd more often. They're very similar.

Certainly more than RJ but to be honest outside of welfare (and we are pretty far apart on that) JH and I aren't that close on a lot of issues. But compared to RJ I guess I am brothers with about anyone.

I get that. But jhmd asked a pretty reasonable question about 50 different times and instead if anyone giving him an answer y'all just mocked him.

I can see how his posting style gets under people's skin, but the question regarding Asian Americans is a pretty legit flaw of AA and no one wanted to get near it.

Because he was only doing it to dodge a question more central to the discussion. And nobody believes jhmd really cares about Asians.

Yeah. I have apologized for it. But jhmd and RJ are on different levels in my opinion.

Outside of jhmd's lack of typos and use of more multi-syllabic words, they're pretty much the same.

Certainly more than RJ but to be honest outside of welfare (and we are pretty far apart on that) JH and I aren't that close on a lot of issues. But compared to RJ I guess I am brothers with about anyone.

What the fuck is that sentence supposed to mean?

My decision to not further participate has been undone.

What the fuck is that sentence supposed to mean?

That you and I agree on almost nothing. So saying that I agree with someone more than RJ isn't a real bold assertion.

Because he was only doing it to dodge a question more central to the discussion. And nobody believes jhmd really cares about Asians.

What was that question, precisely? Consider this a standing offer to answer it (and I'd like to see what exactly you think I dodged. Be specific, thanks.), if you promise to give a responsive answer to mine persistently-dodged question. Your move, Doctor.

I gave up reasonable hope after attempt #37. After that, it was really just a matter of irrational hope on my part.

It's a special kind of policy when none of its supporters are willing to defend it with a straight face. Talk about a tenet of faith...

With all due respect, bull.

If you have a legitimate defense on the merits, I'm all ears. Please stop pretending you have a straight-faced defense. Please consider this an explicit calling of your bluff. If you can offer an honest defense, I'll gladly listen. Your move.

Back