• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bachmann: Many Americans aren't ready for female president

If I am not mistaken didn't this bitch run for the nomination the last time? Talk about a hypocrite...

I hate Bachmann but she is probably right. I think that was a partial reason why Obama came out of nowhere to beat her.

A vast majority of American voters voted for either Hillary in the Dem primary or for Palin to be VP in the general, thus next in line.

I don't think you can make a blanket point that gender hurt Hillary against Obama. Even the quote in the link doesn't buy that.

Amazes me that Bachmann isn't running again. She barely won last time, but she seems to enjoy the limelight waaaay too much to give up before losing an election. Also cracks me up that one of Mitt's kids said he really didn't want to be President. Mitt's still on TV a couple of times a month. Some of these clowns don't understand/can't accept that voters really didn't like them too much.

Wrangor once met a guy who said he'd never vote for a woman to be president.

Wrangor once met a guy who said he'd never vote for a woman to be president.

Or you could look at the polling data when Hillary ran against Obama that showed that more people were ready for a black president than a white woman.

Look I am not defending the idea, just stating it has some merit. Just like you could say there were/are a lot if Americans who weren't/aren't ready for a black president. It doesn't make it right to admit their are people who think this way.

No it showed they were more ready for the person Barack Obama than the person Hillary Clinton.

What is also showed is that no one can take winning for granted like she did.

How is she a hypocrite for saying something that is undoubtedly true? Hillary wouldn't get my vote because she's a cunt and has no noteworthy accomplishments on her record (plus she's a Democrat), but her being a woman certainly doesn't help. Women and men are wired differently, and it would take one uncommon woman to get my vote, even if she were a Pub. And it isn't just old sexist men like myself that feel that way.

Speaking of old, kudos to the BTO pun tagger, btw.

How is she a hypocrite for saying something that is undoubtedly true? Hillary wouldn't get my vote because she's a cunt and has no noteworthy accomplishments on her record (plus she's a Democrat), but her being a woman certainly doesn't help. Women and men are wired differently, and it would take one uncommon woman to get my vote, even if she were a Pub. And it isn't just old sexist men like myself that feel that way.

Speaking of old, kudos to the BTO pun tagger, btw.

Just other sexist demographics.

You think that is funny?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/03/poll.black.president/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

It most certainly played a role. Impossible to determine how large a role, but it certainly had some effect.

Or you could look at the polling data when Hillary ran against Obama that showed that more people were ready for a black president than a white woman.

Look I am not defending the idea, just stating it has some merit. Just like you could say there were/are a lot if Americans who weren't/aren't ready for a black president. It doesn't make it right to admit their are people who think this way.

Did you read your own link?

The poll also suggested that more Americans think the country is ready for a black president than a female president. Sixty-three percent of those surveyed say the country is ready for a female president, 13 points lower than those who say the country is ready for a black president.

"Do Americans see more prejudice against a woman than an African-American? More likely, they see more negative feelings about this woman than about this African-American. Because it's true. More people have an unfavorable opinion of Hillary Clinton than of Barack Obama," Schneider said.

I am not sure why it is so taboo to admit that there are people who would hesitate to vote for a woman to be president. Clearly that is the case for some percentage of the population. How much? Who knows...but it is a pretty foolish position to try and claim this thought process doesn't exist.

There are also people who would never vote for a black person or a Jew. The reality is the people who won't vote for Hillary because she's a woman would never have voted for a Dem anyway.

She didn't lose to Obama because people weren't ready to vote for a woman.

Back