• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Back to the Future: Wake Forest returns to LB U

A 40+ year old man that is a serial jock sniffer for college athletes, no matter the athlete, is quite remarkable. And not in a good way, but in a creepy way.

lectro creeps me the fuck out.

I have always enjoyed scouting players...I don't have as much film of the young guys as I'd like so I don't have more internal numbers. I have seen enough to know that the athletes harken back to Arnoux and Curry types. If it makes people more comfortable then we can compare this bunch to the group at UNC with 3 star Bruce Carter out of Wilmington to the class with 2 star Kevin Reddick out of New Bern.

I enjoy supporting my favorite team and really want to be positive when printing things about 18 -22 year old athletes. I learned a great lesson with C. Schofield and so I try to stay on the sunny side. Besides, we are unbeaten and have as good a chance to win the ACC as anyone else.

Last edited:
The present philosophy of "recruiting athletes first" was best practiced in this state by Willie Mack Brown in the late 80's and 90's. Wake has changed course over the last 24 months and has gone toward player over position.

An example is a kid like Josh Banks. The big Fayetteville product closely resembles 2 of Mack Browns recruits from the same town. Banks is cross between Russell Davis and Joey Evans from the 1997 team and Josh is just the type of kid that Mack would bring in and translate into a position. Maybe undersized in the recruiting process as a 240 pound DT/DE but with a frame that will go 295 with ease. He is already at 280 to 285 and he showed his explosion in the Spring game. He had numerous big plays and really burst through and hammered Martin for a 4 yard loss. Banks and Tylor Harris remind me of that era of UNC kids.

Which incoming freshmen do you expect to see on the field this Fall?

Based on the spring I'd say Marquel Lee and Ford Howell. Hopefully the transfer from Air Force will allow Michael Stevenson a RS year.

Lance Virgile is an out of the box type player -- he has the measurables to come straight into the college game. A player like Marquel Lee is a bit behind Virgile in S@C. Of course Lee's early enrollment is going to help close the gap.

Helms will likely play.

Tyree has a chance but I think he will RS.

A 40+ year old man that is a serial jock sniffer for college athletes, no matter the athlete, is quite remarkable. And not in a good way, but in a creepy way.

lectro creeps me the fuck out.

And it doesn't make one bit of difference how fast or strong or mobile or aggressive Lectro says a player is if he hasn't got enough brains between his ears to remember two little things: do the required work in the classroom and don't smoke weed during the season.

And it doesn't make one bit of difference how fast or strong or mobile or aggressive Lectro says a player is if he hasn't got enough brains between his ears to remember two little things: do the required work in the classroom and don't smoke weed during the season.

What you mentioned added to injury are always the central variables to whether or not a kid pans out.

What you mentioned added to injury are always the central variables to whether or not a kid pans out.

Maybe there should be a college version of the Wonderlic test. You can't fix stupid, but you can try to avoid stupid as much as possible.

Maybe there should be a college version of the Wonderlic test. You can't fix stupid, but you can try to avoid stupid as much as possible.

:nosat

(Yes I know athletes still have to take the SAT or ACT)

:nosat

(Yes I know athletes still have to take the SAT or ACT)

"The Wonderlic Cognitive Ability Test (formerly known as the Wonderlic Personnel Test (WPT)) is a popular group intelligence test used to assess the aptitude of prospective employees for learning and problem-solving in a range of occupations."

SAT and ACT are better at measuring test-taking ability than "cognitive ability".

The toughest thing to do in this world is to make the right decision. Do I get in a car driven by a friend who's been drinking or do I walk home? Do I hit the snooze button or get up and go to class? A mature person will consider the pros and cons and make the right decision. Discipline can and should be taught to these young men. Ignorence can't be an excuse, on or off the field.

Based on the spring I'd say Marquel Lee and Ford Howell. Hopefully the transfer from Air Force will allow Michael Stevenson a RS year.

Lance Virgile is an out of the box type player -- he has the measurables to come straight into the college game. A player like Marquel Lee is a bit behind Virgile in S@C. Of course Lee's early enrollment is going to help close the gap.

Helms will likely play.

Tyree has a chance but I think he will RS.

Thanks. How would you rate Lamot?

Thanks. How would you rate Lamot?

Coach Jackson was saying that Ali is on a fast track to Coach Mac. The guide will list him at 6'2 and 200 but he is a DE in the making, Obviously he can run. He was 7th in the Sate 110M high hurdles. He's checking in around 6'4 and 235.He has a genuine photographic memory according to his teachers in HS. Ali will benefit greatly from a college training table and speed-strength program

Like Ejiofor, Ali is a late physical bloomer.Both guys have long reach and get out of their stances with excellent explosion due, in part, to their training in track.

2 very intriguing prospects for those fans who enjoy player development.

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't by some of you eat-my-lunch-in-my-cubicle types.

We ridicule opinions by those who aren't in the know who write opinions and strategy for not being in te know - then we turn around and ridicule those in the know. And then there's ph - te worlds best armchair coach who likely has zero experience playing competitive team sports.

And to me team sports has always been about spacing, anticipation, and metaphysics (sum is greater than the whole). With the right athletes and right character. Abbate's arms are so short he could barely touch the crow of his helmet. But yet he dropped back and intercepted that ball against gtech right there on the crown of his helmet.

If someone with a scouting pedigree attends practice is going to take the time to post for fuck sake lets stroke him not bury him. Just don't let him post on the politics board;-). Dude is crazy conservative yo;-0

You are damned if you do and damned if you don't by some of you eat-my-lunch-in-my-cubicle types.

We ridicule opinions by those who aren't in the know who write opinions and strategy for not being in te know - then we turn around and ridicule those in the know. And then there's ph - te worlds best armchair coach who likely has zero experience playing competitive team sports.

And to me team sports has always been about spacing, anticipation, and metaphysics (sum is greater than the whole). With the right athletes and right character. Abbate's arms are so short he could barely touch the crow of his helmet. But yet he dropped back and intercepted that ball against gtech right there on the crown of his helmet.

If someone with a scouting pedigree attends practice is going to take the time to post for fuck sake lets stroke him not bury him. Just don't let him post on the politics board;-). Dude is crazy conservative yo;-0

Well said...........
I appreciate any info I can get since I can't get to practices

You are not really calling me a conservative, are you?

That's fucking ridiculous. I'm likely the only asshole out here who marched with Noam Chomsky against Desert Storm. I was locked arms with him in at the front of the line.

I consistently quote the American Voltaire, Gore Vidal.

I was raised on C.Wright Mills and the Berrigan brothers.

So yea, when I was twenty, I was liberal as they come...over the years I moved to a conservative position as occupied by the late Christopher Hitchens.

I prefer a media journalist like the late Tim Russert. Today, I find Frank Rich at the New Yorker and David Brooks at the NY Times to be level headed operators.

I am the only individual out here who has given a spirited defense of the fiery sermons of Jeremiah Wright.

So far as I can tell, I am the only poster out here who has attempted to discuss the institutional racism that is prevalent from the voting process to drug sentencing.

I am, however, one individual who did not buy the media made Martin-Zimmerman fiasco...for that I am clearly a Wascist since I refused to eat any of that bullshit god damn narrative. I don't care how hard the metro fuck sticks at MSNBC want to push it -- ratings whores.

And you are God Damn Correct to suppose that my Experience has affected my views...I find that a much better barometer than some fucking fantasy land bullshit being contrived in some ivy covered tower that is far,far away from the actuality of which Reality is composed.

Huh? I must have confused you w someone else. Sorry!

You are fine...I'm just ranting. I'll keep it on the other board. It's just frustrating to see how many people take single issues and declare them as a litmus test for an entire ideology. Wholly fucking un-democratic and stomach turning.

There. Done. Back to football.

Back