• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bald Eagles are F-ing Boss

How did the thing resist poking your eyes out when you got so close to the nest?

because he was a baby. The mother on the other hand, would have gladly had my eyes for lunch.

I saw a huge bald eagle standing right on the white line on Highway 17 driving South to Charleston a few years back. It's pretty crazy how large they are.

Saw a bald eagle at Lake Fontana last weekend, amazing bird!

I've seen bald eagles a few times on the Maurice River in South Jersey. They're such badasses.

Beat me to it! My mom saw 4 when she was out there a month or two ago. I don't think I've ever been on that river and not seen one, actually.

and now I will just use this thread to post my raptor pics
2qlwy1k.jpg

2w6rk3l.jpg

2rxh8b4.jpg

Holy crap, I'm jealous of you.

Any love for the California Condor? ChicdeaC? Anyone?

Ugly head, but 9.5 ft wingspan ain't shabby. About 400 in the world as of 2012.

Saw one in the Grand Canyon last month.

Any love for the California Condor? ChicdeaC? Anyone?

Ugly head, but 9.5 ft wingspan ain't shabby. About 400 in the world as of 2012.

Saw one in the Grand Canyon last month.
I would love to see them, though for birds with big wingspans, I prefer albatross (when we did wing traces we needed 4 people , 1 to hold the bird, 2 to hold the wings and 1 to trace). but they also have creepy puppets they are using to raise the new babies.
170px-Gymnogyps_californianus1.jpg

I would love to see them, though for birds with big wingspans, I prefer albatross (when we did wing traces we needed 4 people , 1 to hold the bird, 2 to hold the wings and 1 to trace). but they also have creepy puppets they are using to raise the new babies.

These are all over Winston-Harlem.

940x.jpg
ncf_a_grobe_275.jpg

bald eagles all over the place out here...

Back