• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bally Filing for Bankruptcy(Update: Bally No Longer Airing ACC Sports; New Update - ACC Raycom football and bball games to be broadcast on CW)

Will ACCN handle the production? Typically, the Bally games had different announcers, graphics and production. CW doesn’t have that infrastructure.
I think raycom will still be handling the production. It’ll just be airing on The CW

Will ACCN handle the production? Typically, the Bally games had different announcers, graphics and production. CW doesn’t have that infrastructure.
I caught a basketball game on CW last season between two local HBCUs, and Stan Lewter was doing color commentary, so we might get more of him.

I imagine Raycom will still produce the games like they did on Ballys. They may switch up some graphics but it’s the same company.

The CW should provide nationwide coverage and much greater exposure for ACC games. This seems to be another attempt to increase their viewership and establish a sports programing identity in the media. It never hurts to be on the ground floor with a company that is looking to improve and expand.

The CW should provide nationwide coverage and much greater exposure for ACC games. This seems to be another attempt to increase their viewership and establish a sports programing identity in the media. It never hurts to be on the ground floor with a company that is looking to improve and expand.
Yep. I would guess that more households actually have access to the CW than ESPN.

MLB took over Diamondbacks’ broadcasts today. They went from being available in 930,000 homes to more than 5 million immediately.

Wasn’t sure where else to put this but CW is serious about getting into sports. They just bought Nascar XFinity series rights for $115 mil per year.

Last edited:
Wonder if the Braves aren't just going to go ahead and find another carrier for the coming season. May not be enough time, but who knows? That statement from the Braves is a bit dated, it seems. I'd imagine they'd have interested suitors.

Back