• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bally Filing for Bankruptcy(Update: Bally No Longer Airing ACC Sports; New Update - ACC Raycom football and bball games to be broadcast on CW)

My guess on this is that they probably just end up on ACCNX. The other possibility is that they add an ACCN2. I have no idea about the feasibility of that but it would certainly be nice if we could get more live sports on tv.
i just don't see it. everything is moving to cord cutters.

Right. Functionally, there is very little difference between ACCN and ACCNX with the gap narrowing every year.
I agree with this but I can’t help but think of all the Facebook posts during every baseball game with folks who have no idea how to watch things on ACCNX and don’t even realize that they have it. Hell, those posts happen here too.

isn't it that if you're in a Bally market you couldn't access RSN games on ACCNX?

I agree with this but I can’t help but think of all the Facebook posts during every baseball game with folks who have no idea how to watch things on ACCNX and don’t even realize that they have it. Hell, those posts happen here too.
There were probably old people complaining to their families that they couldn't find games on network TV when ESPN started in 1979. They figured it out and/or just died.

I was under the impression that ESPN owned all the ACC media rights and resold a portion the the ACC Network and the RSN's. If that is the case and the RSN's quiut paying, those rights should go back to ESPN. Thus ESPN could try to resell or just keep them and put them on the ESPN controlled streaming options. Or just let some games go dark.

I was under the impression that ESPN owned all the ACC media rights and resold a portion the the ACC Network and the RSN's. If that is the case and the RSN's quiut paying, those rights should go back to ESPN. Thus ESPN could try to resell or just keep them and put them on the ESPN controlled streaming options. Or just let some games go dark.
@CamLemons posted this earlier in the month:
ESPN doesn't own the rights for everything ACC, they had to buy the right from Raycom for WBB and baseball. Raycom owns(ed) a slice of ACC rights, sold it to Fox, who then resold them to Bally Sports(Diamond). It was too expensive for ESPN to reacquire those rights so they're with Raycom and on a different timeline than the ACC/ESPN contract. Those rights actually come up in 2027, if Diamond makes it that long, and the ACC can and would bring that to market. If Diamond passes on the rights and that contract becomes null, they have to be bought by someone, they don't just automatically go to ESPN.

Yeah. I was pretty sure I read that contract online. But Cam Lemons says otherwise.

Right. Functionally, there is very little difference between ACCN and ACCNX with the gap narrowing every year.
Is there a good way to record the streaming games?

I record all of the games on linear to watch on delay, but often can start watching like halfway through so waiting for the game to end to catch the replay isn’t as appealing. A Big downside from my perspective to ESPN+ that I don’t have to deal with when we are on actual tv.

I record all of the games on linear to watch on delay, but often can start watching like halfway through so waiting for the game to end to catch the replay isn’t as appealing. A Big downside from my perspective to ESPN+ that I don’t have to deal with when we are on actual tv.
I find that many are available on demand. If not, I would expect that to be the norm.

ESPN owns the ACC Network.

Not sure about ESPN+, But most streaming apps that I have used have a “go live” or “start from beginning” option when I get to the game late.

I know this is a forum to speculate on such things, but in terms of worrying about whether or not you can actually watch an ACC football or basketball game this fall... It'll surely get sorted out in time for the season.

We already know the TV broadcasting details for the first 3 football games (ACCN, ACCN, & ESPN2/U). And this has always been more of a basketball issue anyway.

I know this is a forum to speculate on such things, but in terms of worrying about whether or not you can actually watch an ACC football or basketball game this fall... It'll surely get sorted out in time for the season.

We already know the TV broadcasting details for the first 3 football games (ACCN, ACCN, & ESPN2/U). And this has always been more of a basketball issue anyway.

Did we have any football games on RSN last season?

Back