• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

As best I can tell, some people think that other people are afraid to talk about race at all (false). Other people think those people will only talk about race (false). But the one thing we can agree on is that the other guys are the problem. Small victories.

Lol

I think it is clear that sailor and jh and the rest of the nitwit gang are deeply afraid.

Seems to be a theme on the right. Fear.

I think it is clear that sailor and jh and the rest of the nitwit gang are deeply afraid.

Seems to be a theme on the right. Fear.

I don't think we agree on what just happened in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Is this going to be your new line for avoiding discussions on the topics you initiate? I guess “didn’t learn the lessons of 2016” didn’t age too well.

I don't see what the risk is for sailor or jh or angus for us all to address the truth. What is the perceived risk of the truth being one of the cornerstones of the curriculum? What are you so afraid of?

Is this going to be your new line for avoiding discussions on the topics you initiate? I guess “didn’t learn the lessons of 2016” didn’t age too well.

I always marvel at the arrogance. Baseless but unwavering.

I always marvel at the arrogance. Baseless but unwavering.

41QmDQsrzZL._AC_.jpg

Human beings need a spiritual orientation. If they don't have a religion, they'll make one.

says the guy whos entire belief system is based on myths:

supply side economics
good guys with guns deter gun violence
single payer can't work
starve them until bootstraps kick in
it was cheaper to occupy Afghanistan to get the terrorists
no racism since Civil rights bill
private sector will self-regulate emissions and pollution
regulations will kill the economy
Iraq had WMD and those women and children needed to be vaporized, and Colin Powell is a hero

the list goes on and on. You believe every load of shit they hand you to justify what you want.

Last edited:
About Republicans not being opposed to discussing race and racism in schools:

Human beings need a spiritual orientation. If they don't have a religion, they'll make one.

being a devil's advocate, on this same thought process:

isn't this why organized religion was created? The rich and powerful created it give the lower classes a list of rules to follow (through religion) to maintain order and prevent upheaval against them by promising riches and "treasures in heaven" (after death).

prove me wrong...

Yep. That’s why the virtue of poverty is central to many religions and avarice and gluttony are sins. “Hey you poors are awesome! You’re going to heaven. Us rich people are going to be in trouble after we die so you’ll get us eventually!”

Of course that wasn’t good enough for American Christianity so it added prosperity gospel that fit better with American capitalism.

Back