• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

little kids are actually pretty good at learning stuff. treating them as "not ready" for a concept is fucking dumb as hell. do you have kids?

Seriously. It’s honestly been a highlight of my parenthood to see how my kids have reacted to learning about hot button societal issues starting around the 1st grade.

Waiting until middle school and high school is way too late. It is way harder to unteach bad ideas than to plant good ideas from the start.

Oh agreed, my point being that even his trivial concession on race related education is far to the left of his party and would probably earn him death threats.

Yet another example of how what he claims to personally believe is easily suppressed so he can have a better shot at owning the libs or some shit.

Oh agreed, my point being that even his trivial concession on race related education is far to the left of his party and would probably earn him death threats.

Yet another example of how what he claims to personally believe is easily suppressed so he can have a better shot at owning the libs or some shit.

Oh sure, I was replying to you because replying to him with serious response is a waste of time. I try to only respond to JH with mockery of one form or another. He is in the club with sailor and angus now.

Oh sure, I was replying to you because replying to him with serious response is a waste of time. I try to only respond to JH with mockery of one form or another. He is in the club with sailor and angus now.

Polling data you don't like can be scary.

Middle school and high school is too late to start teaching about racism.

Talking about racism makes fragile white folks uncomfortable.

Surely this should be avoided.

Parent goes on anti-Semitic rant at school board meeting about CRT and covid vaccines and mandates.

"During the public comment portion of the meeting of the Chandler Unified School District board, a woman who identified herself as Melanie Rettler spoke for over a minute about critical race theory and vaccines — topics not listed on the meeting agenda but at the center of heated public debate nationwide. Her comment crescendoed with an antisemitic claim drenched in the language of right-wing conspiracy theories.

“Every one of these things, the deep state, the cabal, the swamp, the elite — you can’t mention it, but I will — there is one race that owns all the pharmaceutical companies and these vaccines aren’t safe, they aren’t effective and they aren’t free,” Rettler said. “You know that you’re paying for it through the increase in gas prices, the increase in food prices — you’re paying for this and it’s being taken from your money and being given to these pharmaceutical companies and if you want to bring race into this: It’s the Jews.”

It’s a good thing that Trump’s election exposed so much of the slightly veiled racism in the Republican Party.

It’s a bad thing that it doesn’t dissuade more of the non-racist Republicans from distancing themselves from Trump and the base.

Hard to claim they’re “non-racist” if they’re not distancing themselves from the obvious racism in their party.

Hard to claim they’re “non-racist” if they’re not distancing themselves from the obvious racism in their party.

I saw a tweet that said, “Supporting Trump doesn’t mean you’re racist, but it means you’re ok with people who are.”

B-rad must be resting today since he hasn't replied to the last few posts with a link of Biden talking about Satchel Paige

Wow... when you have lost the WaPo:

Wow…angus posting misinformation and not correcting it…wow.

Thiessen is a terrible writer.

But “conservative” politics has become such a rotten cesspool of degeneracy there’s not much that’s decent to choose from for publication if you are attempting to be somewhat balanced.

GOTCHA!! But perhaps next time the Root should have its senior writers like Mr. Harriot review the famous "I have a dream' speech.

However, historical accuracy obviously isn't a priority for the same outlet that went all-in on the 1619 project.

https://www.npr.org/2010/01/18/122701268/i-have-a-dream-speech-in-its-entirety

Dr. KING: I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I have a dream today.

Dr. KING: I have a dream that one day down in Alabama with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification, one day right down in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers. I have a dream today.

Why are you so triggered and angered by teaching about America's racist past and present? Maybe if your party would listen to and appreciate the experiences of others rather than yell, scream, and make up lies we could come to terms with our past and make Dr King's dream reality. nevermind, let's not admit our mistakes and just keep repeating them.

Why are you so triggered and angered by teaching about America's racist past and present? Maybe if your party would listen to and appreciate the experiences of others rather than yell, scream, and make up lies we could come to terms with our past and make Dr King's dream reality. nevermind, let's not admit our mistakes and just keep repeating them.

One of the simpler and better posts on this board.

Republicans are fighting tooth and nail to maintain the racial and social hierarchy to the detriment of our country and many other humans. Many times, it is even to their own personal detriment due to their repulsion to the idea that "others" would gain more with that opportunity than they would.

Back