• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

giphy.gif

Understand history or we're doomed to repeat it. ronnie is really excited about repeating much of it.

Yeah. This is refusing to teach history in order to repeat it.

Can’t have students out there learning Critical Space Theory.

The bible talks about the four corners of the earth.

How can a spherical planet have four corners????!!!!!

This spherical earth idea seems like an obvious attempt to oppress me/my religion!!!

Last edited:
[h=1]What happened? Almost no FL university students responded to a new “intellectual freedom” survey[/h]https://floridaphoenix.com/2022/08/25/what-happened-almost-no-fl-university-students-responded-to-a-new-intellectual-freedom-survey/

Florida’s public university students seemed reluctant to fill out a controversial survey on so-called “intellectual freedom and viewpoint diversity” that was prompted by the Legislature, as about 8,800 of some 368,000 students bothered to submit responses.
That’s only a 2.4 response rate, according to draft survey results posted on the website of the Board of Governors, which oversees the statewide university system.

According to the draft results, only 8,835 students from Florida’s 12 state universities did the survey, out of 368,120 students who received it. That led to a 2.4 percent response rate.
The survey responses were collected from April 4 through April 8 this past spring. There were two versions of the survey, one for students and one for employees, which included faculty and staff.
Some schools had a higher response rate than others.
For example, at New College of Florida in Sarasota, 141 students responded out of 636 total students contacted, resulting in a 12.1 percent response rate from students.
Florida Polytechnic University, in Lakeland, in Polk County, also had a 12.1 response rate among students, with 171 students submitting the survey out of 1,411 total.
The lowest student response rate was at Florida A&M University, a historically Black college in Tallahassee, where 53 students responded out of 8,393 surveys provided. That’s a 0.6 percent response rate. Also in Tallahassee, Florida State University posted a low response rate of 1.8 percent out of 43,936 students who received the survey.
The next lowest response rate goes to Florida International University, in Miami, with only 413 students out of 49,477 students responding to the survey, resulting in a 0.8 response rate.

[h=1]What happened? Almost no FL university students responded to a new “intellectual freedom” survey[/h]https://floridaphoenix.com/2022/08/25/what-happened-almost-no-fl-university-students-responded-to-a-new-intellectual-freedom-survey/

that's amazing

good for FAMU and FIU

that's amazing

good for FAMU and FIU

Notably majority Black and majority Hispanic institutions. Weird that New College topped the list because it's known as being more liberal than other universities.

Overlap between school choice advocates and anti-CRT/Science parents is just a circle. Would be interesting to study how & why involved conservative parents are so goddamn insane.

Don’t give a fuck if my child grows up in a mad max hellscape murdering people for fresh water, but I’ll be got damned if my kid is going to be traumatized by seeing a Toni Morrison novel in the school library.

Overlap between school choice advocates and anti-CRT/Science parents is just a circle. Would be interesting to study how & why involved conservative parents are so goddamn insane.

We know why. Today's school choice/anti-CRT/anti-science parents are the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of these people.

BRI_APUSH_13_03_LittleRock.jpg

Highland, I hope you don’t think those were earnest arguments. That’s how they get people to let the leopards out of the cage. They argue the leopards won’t eat your face when it’s obvious that’s exactly what they’re going to do.

I don't think Leopards are that aggressive. Tiger would be the animal you are looking for.

We are going to need you to address how you are wrong here.

Back