• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

If you're watching the economy, crime, the border and foreign policy, and can't figure out for yourself what Pubs are going to run against, there's nothing I or anyone else can do to help you see it.

More make believe boogymen.

What are Republicans running for?

Last edited:
More make believe boogymen.

What are Republicans running for?

Apparently even the WashPo believes in this make-believe boogeyman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...Uo3AKPey-q2O90lpgXF7OVNGsTVp9oeCd1ybNxwPqLF-8

Here's a name some of us know:

“I do think that Democratic politicians are feeling some pressure to respond in some way, so I think you’ll see a lot of responses from the president on down,” said Ronald Wright, a law professor at Wake Forest University and a criminal justice expert.

jhmd, are you better off than you were one year ago? Six months ago?

Lol and Biden is doubling down on the crime bill and wants to make violent crime his next focus. We don’t need two parties

Apparently even the WashPo believes in this make-believe boogeyman.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...Uo3AKPey-q2O90lpgXF7OVNGsTVp9oeCd1ybNxwPqLF-8

Here's a name some of us know:

“I do think that Democratic politicians are feeling some pressure to respond in some way, so I think you’ll see a lot of responses from the president on down,” said Ronald Wright, a law professor at Wake Forest University and a criminal justice expert.

Squeaky wheel gets the attention.

Republicans are like Chicken Little: the sky is always falling over some contrived boogyman.

It’s almost like our society is structured to elevate their concerns over those of others.

If you're watching the economy, crime, the border and foreign policy, and can't figure out for yourself what Pubs are going to run against, there's nothing I or anyone else can do to help you see it.

If I click your profile, I have to go 20 posts back to find a post not on this thread. If Republicans had so many obvious policy advantages, I'd think those would be spread out a bit.

Ah, yes. Trump. The only topic more appealing to the Tunnels than race. This is rarified air.

If we're 43 pages in and we can't agree on what constitutes CRT, maybe the messaging isn't that great?

Or, maybe it’s not really a thing being taught in public schools. Or, maybe you really don’t understand it but you do like that you can manipulate the messaging with your right wings friends to help maintain your status at the expense of others.

I’ve got to admit. I’m a little jealous though. Imagine if the Left had attacked trickle-down economics like the right is attacking CRT.

“Reagan and his Republican stooges want you to believe that all the wealth should go to the already wealthy and once they’re done with it, it will just trickle down to you. We may as well call it tinkle-down economics because they just want to piss on you. Haters wanna hate. Lovers wanna love. They don’t even want none of the above. They want to piss on you. Drip, drip, drip. That’s how it goes in the Republican Party. They sip Cris. You drink piss.”

Top General Defends Studying Critical Race Theory In The Military

The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mark Milley, responded sharply to questions from Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., on Wednesday about the examination of critical race theory in the U.S. military.

"I've read Mao Zedong. I've read Karl Marx. I've read Lenin. That doesn't make me a communist. So what is wrong with understanding — having some situational understanding about the country for which we are here to defend?" Milley said.

He continued brusquely: "And I personally find it offensive that we are accusing the United States military, our general officers, our commissioned, noncommissioned officers of being, quote, 'woke' or something else, because we're studying some theories that are out there."

C-SPAN captured Gaetz shaking his head while the Joint Chiefs chairman spoke…

… Gaetz wasn't the only member who asked about the military's approach to addressing race. Rep. Michael Waltz, R-Fla., cited a letter he received from West Point's superintendent, Lt. Gen. Darryl Williams, which states that one course at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point teaches about critical race theory (Waltz's office provided a copy of this letter to NPR). Waltz also referenced a seminar at West Point where an instructor reportedly taught about "understanding whiteness and white rage."

In his response to Gaetz, Milley referenced Waltz's concerns as well, saying that such education could be useful in understanding the Capitol insurrection on Jan. 6.

"I want to understand white rage, and I'm white, and I want to understand it," he said. "So what is it that caused thousands of people to assault this building and try to overturn the Constitution of the United States of America? What caused that? I want to find that out."

What this is really about, of course…

Opinion: Why does Biden [do Democrats] hate the flag, family, grace, God and America?

The irony, of course, is that Republicans are now proving that systemic racism exists — and they, along with Fox News, are the primary offenders. With their united stand against the voting-rights bill and their united votes against Ahuja on the bogus justification of critical race theory, they’re the ones reducing Americans “to their racial identity alone,” as Hawley put it. The Proud Boys who attacked the Capitol must be filled with pride anew…

… Now that the Republican filibuster has blocked the voting-rights bill, Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) will try to sell Republicans on a scaled-back version that addresses key GOP complaints. But McConnell made clear Tuesday that he isn’t interested in any voting-rights legislation. Asked why he wouldn’t even allow a debate on the bill, he told reporters: “This is not a federal issue.”

Republicans will instead focus on the real federal issue: accusing the Biden administration of opposing the flag, family businesses, merit, grace, Christianity, your dreams, your family and America.

Our system does provide advantages to certain groups of people, foremost among them are people who finish their public educations, wait until they get married to start their families and take gainful employment. If you like data, those people have a lower poverty rate than any racial group in the country.

You don't think we should try to stop violent crime, with maybe some gun control? Cool. Cool.

This isn’t the thread for it. I support meaningful gun control legislation. But I also believe that a living wage, decriminalizing drugs, and police reforms are also important criminal justice matters that are less carceral solutions. And given the decades of data we have on the impacts of Biden’s last sweeping crime legislation I’m not convinced of his motivations. He thinks it’s still 1987 and this is how Dems need to look tough on crime to win elections.

Our system does provide advantages to certain groups of people, foremost among them are people who finish their public educations, wait until they get married to start their families and take gainful employment. If you like data, those people have a lower poverty rate than any racial group in the country.

no shit

Back