• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

have you or Angus or anyone else actually read the book? I haven't, but I am not going to base my opinion of it off of some guy's tweet.

But you already have.

Also, don't liberals read The Atlantic anymore? This book has been the feature of at least 2 recent articles:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-lives-matter-agenda-be-taught-school/618277/

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-not-my-idea-children-police-killings/619087/

Between the criticisms of the 1619 Project and this, has The Atlantic become a white supremacist rag?

Last edited:
I bet more school districts than 25 use textbooks that say slaves were treated well.

So out of >95,000 public schools in the country, this exhaustive investigative journalism found 25 that are teaching critical race theory? 0.025% of schools are teaching this insidious philosophy?!?!? Holy shit we need some laws in Oklahoma restricting free speech, stat.

Right. I've noticed that Mr. Rufo - who has been making the rounds of the usual right-wing talk shows recently gleefully taking credit for starting this storm - has also been making occasional posts on social media of his "research" and "shocking findings" about CRT being taught in schools all over the country. From what I've seen he's found no more than a tiny fraction of evidence to support his accusations, like the one above. There's usually no context for his claims either. I have yet to see any evidence from him or anyone else that there is significant - much less widespread - evidence that classroom teachers are actually telling white kids to hate themselves, or that they are to blame for racism, or anything else of that nature. Also, Rufo gave the game away at the beginning of all this when he said that his goal was to turn CRT into a pejorative term for almost anything in education that conservatives didn't like, and then use it as a weapon to galvanize the Trumpite base.

Meanwhile, as I posted earlier, a poll of over 1,100 educators revealed that 96% of them were not teaching CRT in their classrooms and nearly half wouldn't do it even if it was allowed.

Or just pay for private school.

Must have missed the parents on Fox news bitching about having their kids expelled from private school for running a campaign against the private school and what they were teaching. Needless to say the private school told them to fuck right off as they should, but now they are the victims, not safe in public or private, home school it is.

sorry to burst your bubble but that ogboards.com urban legend has already been debunked

surely a proud registered member of the "party of truth" can come up with a better factual insult after 17,000+ posts

I bet more school districts than 25 use textbooks that say slaves were treated well.

Seriously. Junebug and jh don’t give a fuck about historical accuracy in teaching - if so there are much bigger fish to fry. How many history textbooks are out there downplaying the role of slavery and emphasize “states rights” in secession? Probably more than 25.

Things that are more racist than affirmative action:

American legal system
Juvenile life without parole
Wells Fargo
Ariana Grande
Justin Timberlake
White people wearing dreadlocks
Chet Hanks

ETA: people saying Black on Black crime

Is white people wearing dreadlocks racist now? Please tell me it is.

What did Ariana Grande and JT do that’s racist?

LOL Wells Fargo. Solid. I hate them so much

And yeah, what did Ariana and Justin do?

Is white people wearing dreadlocks racist now? Please tell me it is.

What did Ariana Grande and JT do that’s racist?

Yes. To the second question, it’s obviously a little bit tongue in cheek, and there is plenty of gray area, but i think their music borders on appropriation.

There is going to be so much more discussion of CRT in high schools and college campuses this year than ever before.

There is going to be so much more discussion of CRT in high schools and college campuses this year than ever before.

I hope so, I don’t know what challenge Republicans have with the truth. It is American history that they said was their cause for not taking down statues of confederate monuments…what has changed?

Interesting thread about the first National Spelling Bee in 1908. A Black girl from New Orleans won. It made national news. Local celebrations were banned for fear of "race riots." Despite the popularity of the event, there wasn't another national spelling bee until the first Scripps National Spelling Bee in 1925.

This is about halfway through the thread.

Last edited:
Back