• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Somebody is learning how to apply the 14th Amendment on the fly, and it isn't going well. At all.

This is not the correct answer to my question. (It's also a strange interpretation of the 14th Amendment, but we'll address that one next.)

So with my expectations calibrated as low as possible (and disappointers never disappoint, s/o to Strick and Ph), I awaited an answer. Thank you for at least attempting to answer my question. Progress.

Explain how a facially neutral change to a statute is even close to de jure racial discrimination. We just had a SCOTUS ruling on this issue that might have some useful things for you to address.

Instead of selecting one small part -- literally a parenthetical -- in my post to respond to, why don't you respond to the part that actually answers your question? Do you think I've mischaracterized your primary objection to affirmative action? Do you agree with the way I've explained the distinction I understand between equity and equality?

From what I know about your politics, you seem to think that social policies like welfare and affirmative action are actually holding back the very people progressives think they are helping. If we can agree that's where our disagreement lies then we have reached what the fancy rhetoric guys call stasis and can have an actual conversation.

(Another parenthetical which you can respond to separately: your rhetorical move here appears to be a transition to lawyer-speak as a way to confuse the non-lawyers among us and shift the argument to semantics. Usually you go for sarcasm and ad hominem)

Things that are more racist than affirmative action:

American legal system
Juvenile life without parole
Wells Fargo
Ariana Grande
Justin Timberlake
White people wearing dreadlocks
Chet Hanks

ETA: people saying Black on Black crime

Last edited:
Instead of selecting one small part -- literally a parenthetical -- in my post to respond to, why don't you respond to the part that actually answers your question?

wait, are you accusing jh of cherrypicking data?

no no no. i'm almost certain he said yesterday that he abhors cherry picking data

also is the term cherry picking racist? asking for a friend (milhate)

if conservatives have specific things they do and don't want their kids reading, they should homeschool. otherwise fuck off and leave it to the teachers.

Or just pay for private school.

This is not the correct answer to my question. (It's also a strange interpretation of the 14th Amendment, but we'll address that one next.)

I don't believe we will. If you are unwilling to acknowledge that de jure racial discrimination by the government for public opportunities triggers Equal Protection Concerns (at the highest level of scrutiny known to the law), then I'm afraid I'm not interested in watching you and/or Ph stumble through the proper analysis. For context, I was willing to watch Matt Doherty, John Bunting, Carl Torbush, Jim Caldwell, Jeff Bzdelick and Danny Manning all coach nonconference games well into their coaching tenures. I'm a patient person, but even I have my limits.

Tell me more about Equal Protection [capital C]Concerns, you fucking racist moron.

Stop engaging with this idiot -- he thinks he's operating on some higher level but it's just more simple, tired bootstraps and Affirmative Action is racist, whites are the real victims crap. It's all they have and have ever had, and they can't think on more than one level. There is nothing more to him other than outdated racist takes, bad jokes and, I guess, grilling?

Tell me more about Equal Protection [capital C]Concerns, you fucking racist moron.

Stop engaging with this idiot -- he thinks he's operating on some higher level but it's just more simple, tired bootstraps and Affirmative Action is racist, whites are the real victims crap. It's all they have and have ever had, and they can't think on more than one level. There is nothing more to him other than outdated racist takes, bad jokes and, I guess, grilling?

Remember the discussion from last week about how the left is the one stifling dialogue and debate here? Good times.

I don't believe we will. If you are unwilling to acknowledge that de jure racial discrimination by the government for public opportunities triggers Equal Protection Concerns (at the highest level of scrutiny known to the law), then I'm afraid I'm not interested in watching you and/or Ph stumble through the proper analysis. For context, I was willing to watch Matt Doherty, John Bunting, Carl Torbush, Jim Caldwell, Jeff Bzdelick and Danny Manning all coach nonconference games well into their coaching tenures. I'm a patient person, but even I have my limits.

We can’t answer your question until you answer mine. Spoiler: you’ll answer yours when you answer mine.

So out of >95,000 public schools in the country, this exhaustive investigative journalism found 25 that are teaching critical race theory? 0.025% of schools are teaching this insidious philosophy?!?!? Holy shit we need some laws in Oklahoma restricting free speech, stat.

if conservatives have specific things they do and don't want their kids reading, they should homeschool. otherwise fuck off and leave it to the teachers.

Our public schools ought not be teaching anyone that kind of bullshit.

Our public schools ought not be teaching anyone that kind of bullshit.

have you or Angus or anyone else actually read the book? I haven't, but I am not going to base my opinion of it off of some guy's tweet. but at the same time, the teachers think it worthy of being taught so maybe, I dunno, give them a chance?

have you or Angus or anyone else actually read the book? I haven't, but I am not going to base my opinion of it off of some guy's tweet. but at the same time, the teachers think it worthy of being taught so maybe, I dunno, give them a chance?

They haven't. They haven't even read a general description of it. They're just conservative media lemmings who are following the outrage off a cliff.

junebug doesn't have kids so he can fuck right off when talking about what kids should or should not be taught

Back