• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

lol, of course this thread now has many pages not discussing CRT but instead jh's pet issues

Still haven't answered my question about too many parents choosing one school. Do all the kids get admitted, and if not, what are the criteria for letting them in or not? What happens if your kid doesn't get in, is it like applying for a military assignment and just ranking your choices?

A. Nobody is tearing down anything. Reform and competition are good things. Again, welcome to the world.
B. Do you really think it was just the phrasing of the question? After the last 18 months of the education establishment messing the bed, do you really think parents don't have opinions about what's best for their own children's educations? If you really, truly think that, I implore your party to run on that message. Most tone deaf thing I've heard since defund. Beyond parody.

There are entire academic fields of research about how the wording of survey questions can greatly change the outcome of a survey. Absolutely the phrasing of a question can change the outcome of a survey and in fact, questions are often presented in ways to predetermine an outcome by partisan "research groups."

This is some handmaid's tale shit. This is why JH is deflecting on some school choice bullshit. It would take some real balls to defend this -- JH and Junie want this world, but they wouldn't have the balls to defend it here.

A. Nobody is tearing down anything. Reform and competition are good things. Again, welcome to the world.
B. Do you really think it was just the phrasing of the question? After the last 18 months of the education establishment messing the bed, do you really think parents don't have opinions about what's best for their own children's educations? If you really, truly think that, I implore your party to run on that message. Most tone deaf thing I've heard since defund. Beyond parody.

Why is competition between public schools in the same district a good thing? What’s on the line for winning vs losing this competition?

It’s not even worth getting baited into whatever you’re doing in your second paragraph. Just answer the basic questions people have about your plan.

Why is competition between public schools in the same district a good thing? What’s on the line for winning vs losing this competition?

It’s not even worth getting baited into whatever you’re doing in your second paragraph. Just answer the basic questions people have about your plan.

seriously. why just recognize that some schools are better than others? why not try to make it so all schools are on the same good level?

Republicans want government to pick which children are winners and losers in our schools instead of making everyone a winner.

You can tell jhmd doesn’t even think about this stuff. He just spouts nonsense like advocating for competition between schools as if they’re selling cogs and widgets.

He’s a piece of shit troll. I did a search and saw that I had him on ignore before he left the boards. If he doesn’t respond to the Texas pro-white supremacy stuff, I’m just going to put him back on ignore. Not worth getting dragged into these bad faith arguments.

Last edited:
Republicans want government to pick which children are winners and losers in our schools instead of making everyone a winner.

You can tell jhmd doesn’t even think about this stuff. He just spouts nonsense like advocating for competition between schools as if they’re selling cogs and widgets.

He’s a piece of shit troll. I did a search and saw that I had him on ignore before he left the boards. If he doesn’t respond to the Texas pro-white supremacy stuff, I’m just going to put him back on ignore. Not worth getting dragged into these bad faith arguments.

You don't have a single Republican friend in real life, do you?

I'm not friends with white supremacists, no. I'm friends with quite a few moderates, but man even they'd be holding their nose when you come around, my dude.

Today on the Tunnels I learned that over 74 million american citizens are white supremacists.

People who used to be Republicans, yes. Some big L Libertarians, yes. I’m friendly with a few Trumpers in my neighborhood. That’s about it.

But this isn’t about me. Why don’t Texas Republicans want people to learn the KKK is morally wrong?

People who used to be Republicans, yes. Some big L Libertarians, yes. I’m friendly with a few Trumpers in my neighborhood. That’s about it.

But this isn’t about me. Why don’t Texas Republicans want people to learn the KKK is morally wrong?

In addition, I've heard many on the right since this whole CRT "debate" blew up that we should listen to Dr. King and not judge people by the color of their skin. Why does Texas not want to teach the speech where this quote originated?

To be fair, these are people whose content of their character is pretty shitty. Would anybody choose to be led by Greg Abbott or Rafael Cruz based on their character if they weren’t appealing to white superiority?

Today on the Tunnels I learned that over 74 million american citizens are white supremacists.

74M out of 330M is around 22%, so yeah that sounds about right. Maybe bump a free million off who were holding their nose and just don’t want to pay taxes of any kind.

I’d say 70 million white supremacists is about right. You definitely are.

Crazy how strong the GOP's cult of personality is. JH doesn't even live in TX yet he still refuses to criticize the TX GOP. MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, Brown vs. Board of Education, the KKK and the 15th amendment should all be requirements in any US social studies curriculum. How can anyone argue against that?

Crazy how strong the GOP's cult of personality is. JH doesn't even live in TX yet he still refuses to criticize the TX GOP. MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech, Brown vs. Board of Education, the KKK and the 15th amendment should all be requirements in any US social studies curriculum. How can anyone argue against that?

School choice will sort it out. No worries.

Republicans hate America!

They're literally rewriting history to reflect their contemporary ideological orientations. The whole game - the 1619 and CRT "outrage" - is and has always been projection.

When we look back on the history of American conservatism, we'll definitely understand it to be reactionary, but the extent to which American conservatism has evolved into bizarro right-wing Maoism is going to confuse the hell out of historians.

Back