• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

Racist systems don't exist?

Sure - Unfortunately racism, sexism, anti-semitism, etc. still exist in the U.S. as well as any other country on this planet.

Do I believe white supremacy and oppression are still the root of our society and as pervasive in day-to-day life in 2021 so we need to indoctrinate children to believe they are locked into a permanently oppressed underclass based solely upon skin color?

Nope

I completely get the rash example but if Tunnels posters believe this statement is true due as a result of systemic racism, by default there has to be a shit ton of racial fuckstick scientists practicing medicine across the world.

So what % of care providers are still racist fucksticks? If it's not the norm it has to be at least 51%, right? Is it closer to 60%? 70%?

You don’t understand systemic racism. It’s not “racist fucksticks” plotting to make medicine racist. It’s that medicine has been dominated by white men for 150 years, so their biases are present throughout medicine - hence the anatomic drawings and GFR examples.

I’m a white dude. I don’t think I really understood systemic racism until a few years ago. And I’m sure I still don’t pick up on all the examples that occur throughout society. So it’s super important to listen to others, especially people of color, as an active way of improving our society for everyone.

Sure - Unfortunately racism, sexism, anti-semitism, etc. still exist in the U.S. as well as any other country on this planet.

Do I believe white supremacy and oppression are still the root of our society and as pervasive in day-to-day life in 2021 so we need to indoctrinate children to believe they are locked into a permanently oppressed underclass based solely upon skin color?

Nope
You realize that isn't happening and you're just being indoctrinated by Christopher Rufo who tells you to jump and you ask how high?

You don’t understand systemic racism. It’s not “racist fucksticks” plotting to make medicine racist. It’s that medicine has been dominated by white men for 150 years, so their biases are present throughout medicine - hence the anatomic drawings and GFR examples.

I’m a white dude. I don’t think I really understood systemic racism until a few years ago. And I’m sure I still don’t pick up on all the examples that occur throughout society. So it’s super important to listen to others, especially people of color, as an active way of improving our society for everyone.

I’m sure your wife’s boyfriend loves you

Nope

Yes, because that's all that teachers do nowadays - gather in secretive faculty meetings and workshops to plan how to brainwash white kids to feel guilty about being white and to indoctrinate minority kids to see themselves as permanent victims. Meanwhile, in the real world, teachers are quitting in record numbers and school systems are finding it increasingly difficult to replace them due to a teacher shortage.

Link: https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/17/us/teachers-school-violence-pandemic-burnout-trnd/index.html

Last edited:
Hey my wife says she’s going out shopping for the day so I have nothing to do but join the discourse.

He doesnt have a wife, he is a dumb as shit ECU student/recent grad that calls everyone cuck to make up for his intellectual deficiencies.

Nope

well at least we know what brad is so scared of. learning something.

You know, it's almost as if this issue was used for GOP election purposes and not because it's a real crisis. Who could have guessed?

Mainstream media fall for the same shit every general election.

Well Oklahoma Republicans are still fighting the fight out of the mainstream media spotlight.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...duces-bill-limit-slavery-taught-scho-rcna9132

———-
A new bill proposed in the Oklahoma state Legislature would limit how slavery is taught in schools and ban teaching that "one race is the unique oppressor" or "victim" in slavery's history.

The bill prohibits state agencies and public school districts from placing culpability on one race and teaching "that one race is the unique oppressor" or "another race is the unique victim in the institution of slavery.”

Further, the bills bans teaching that "America has more culpability, in general than other nations for the institute of slavery" or that the purpose for the founding of America was "the initiation and perpetuation of slavery.”

Another stipulation of the bill is to ban teaching that America “had slavery more extensively and for a later period of time than other nations."
————-

This explains why board conservatives who don’t believe systemic racism exists in 2021 refuse to explain when and how they think systemic racism ended. They don’t even think 246 years of legal slavery was racism at all. How can you get people to understand something as basic as redlining when they don’t even think slavery was racism?

———-

Public schools that fail to comply would see the state Department of Education withhold up to 5 percent of their monthly state funding under the bill. If the entity complied after a violation, funding would be restored.

Similarly, state-supported two-year and four-year higher education institutions that fail to comply could have 10 percent of state funding withheld.
————-

They want to cut 10% of the budget from OU for teaching the truth about slavery while paying Brent Venables $7 million a year.

This explains why board conservatives who don’t believe systemic racism exists in 2021 refuse to explain when and how they think systemic racism ended. They don’t even think 246 years of legal slavery was racism at all. How can you get people to understand something as basic as redlining when they don’t even think slavery was racism?

I know there is no depriving PhDeac of his carefully engineered argument with this faceless strawman, but that's lazy even by the low standards of the Tunnels.

No, there are no "Board Conservatives" that deny that racism was inherent in 246 years of slavery. What a pathetic, embarrassing statement. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that the argument you're having (with no one) at 12:55 a.m. after what was evidently a late Saturday night might not be your most, shall we say, lucid effort.

We don't disagree that racism existed in the past, exists in the present day, or that structural racism existed then and now. That is not the same thing as "America is (in 2021) a structurally racist society." Saying something exists generally (even on a widespread basis) does not necessarily mean that event/behavior becomes a defining feature of the entire culture. Quilting and needlepoint exist in America in 2021. There's a Michael's in every suburb that can also support a Chik-Fil-A. I wouldn't say that American life is defined systemically by its embroidery culture. This does not make me a quilting denier. It just means I understand that there's more at work than this singular factor.

The argument is that because racism isn’t the singular factor, it can’t be systemic. These racist cowards are so desperate to deny that systemic racism exists.

Comparing systemic racism to fucking quilting is pretty insulting to anyone who has been affected by the former. And pretty fucking stupid too.

To someone affected by structural racism (which you acknowledge exists, and could even be widespread) then why wouldn’t they think it’s a defining feature of our society? If it has affected their housing, employment opportunities, educational opportunities, then how is it not a defining feature from their perspective?

The argument is that because racism isn’t the singular factor, it can’t be systemic. These racist cowards are so desperate to deny that systemic racism exists.

Yeah. That’s like saying Alabama isn’t a football school because they have other sports.

In other news…

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/12/16/...ist-language-video-michelle-odinet/index.html

——

(CNN) A judge in Lafayette, Louisiana, is taking a leave of absence and facing calls for her resignation after a video with racist language recorded at her home surfaced.

….

The Lafayette Police Department said that at approximately 2 a.m. Saturday, two vehicles were burglarized in the driveway of a home, which records show is owned by Odinet and her husband.

The suspect attempted to flee on foot but was caught by the victim, who police said was returning home when they saw the suspect getting out of one of the vehicles at the home. The victim held the suspect down until officers arrived, according to the statement from police.

In the video circulating online, a male voice can be heard saying, "And Mom's yelling n***er, n***er." Then after what appears to be some jovial banter, a female voice is heard saying, "We have a n ***er, It's a n***er, like a roach," while laughing.

Odinet had earlier sent a statement to CNN affiliate KATC, saying she had been "given a sedative" and had no "recollection of the video and the disturbing language used during it."

"My children and I were the victim of an armed burglary at our home. The police were called, and the assailant was arrested. The incident shook me to my core and my mental state was fragile. I was a wreck and am still unable to sleep. I was given a sedative at the time of the video. I have zero recollection of the video and the disturbing language used during it."

———

So we have a judge who referred to a Black person accused of a crime as a “n***er” who was caught like a “roach.” Seems like Louisiana should go back and evaluate her cases.

Back