• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

"Privilege Bingo" in Virginia public school

That's not CRT. It's just a discussion about privilege.

Why are conservatives so adamant to keep their children ignorant about privilege?

Conservativism is centers the lives of people born on 3rd base. They don’t want others to realize they can’t hit. They want everybody else to practice their hitting to catch up. Then they can defund the hitting programs and make the best hitters and hitting coaches quit to work for them. Their hits and sac flies give conservatives home runs.

That's not CRT. It's just a discussion about privilege.

Conservatives still don’t understand what CRT is. And regarding that tweet specifically, why is it so bad to teach empathy and understanding of different perspectives?

25 spaces and they concentrate on the only questionable one, next up the free space, nothing should be free!

Conservatives still don’t understand what CRT is. And regarding that tweet specifically, why is it so bad to teach empathy and understanding of different perspectives?

Seriously. Some of those are really good ones you wouldn't normally consider. And they span a ton of sources of potential privilege which also makes a great point.

The only way this can be taken as a negative is if you identify as one of the boxes and it triggers you. I kinda get the backlash against "Military Kid" because serving your country is viewed as sacrificial, but being the child of a military parent can certainly provide privilege, even if not in every case. Easily the #1 way to infuriate conservatives is to attach any notion that something they have is "unearned." That's all this is. CRT is just a bucket to put it in to draw wider support.

"Military kid" implies getting the perks of military service without the sacrifice of being in the military.

All of those are privileges that people should realize they have and not everyone else does have.

Yeah, those USAA ads are starting to piss a lot of people off !

WHY CAN'T GRONK GET INSURANCE !

Yeah, those USAA ads are starting to piss a lot of people off !

WHY CAN'T GRONK GET INSURANCE !

Gronk should sue. He lives in FL, and it's pretty clear that not being able to get USAA insurance is making him uncomfortable. They're basically telling him that he's not special.

What are military perks you get to enjoy without being in the military that didn’t require any sacrifice by yourself?

You get to shop at the PX.

Tiger Woods grew up playing on a military golf course.

I got to live in great places like Fort Bragg and Fort Dix as a toddler.

If you were stationed at Camp Lejeune you got to drink water contaminated with industrial solvents, benzene, and other chemicals from the 1950s through the 1980s.

Your parent is deployed and misses your first step, first word, birthday, your graduation, holidays. Seems like you are sacrificing something as well.

Gronk should sue. He lives in FL, and it's pretty clear that not being able to get USAA insurance is making him uncomfortable. They're basically telling him that he's not special.

If Gronk joins Governor Desantis’s Florida militia he should get USAA membership

"Military kid" implies getting the perks of military service without the sacrifice of being in the military.

All of those are privileges that people should realize they have and not everyone else does have.

Perks? I'm an army brat. Families serve too.

I moved every two years until I finished high school. I was constantly having to make and lose friends, change schools, etc. You also have mitary families on food stamps or public assistance, buying their own sneakers or body armor while in a war zone. It's beyond disgraceful how those that serve are treated at times.

Having said that, there are some positives. For instance I lived in Italy for two years in 6-7th grade. Living abroad was certainly a positive (for me anyway) and contributed to my own privileged experience.

I call on America's pop stars and rappers and movie makers and television writers to inundate us with CRT then. Take it to the streets. Put it in the video games and all over TikTok. fuck these motherfuckers

Back