• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barca vs. ManU/FedEx Field Question

Then I think I saw y'all when exiting the stadium. But you guys were probably 200 yards ahead of us and going the opposite direction of our car.

Then I think I saw y'all when exiting the stadium. But you guys were probably 200 yards ahead of us and going the opposite direction of our car.

We had the bright idea to walk 3 miles to the Landover stop on the Orange line rather than wait for single-tracked blue line trains with thousands of other fans. Don't know how the blue line ended up but I think we made the right call. MAD sketchy walk though.... I think we saw a drug deal.

dv7, how was the croud. Looked about 70%/30% pro United on the tv. But obviously couldn't see half the stadium. Have any number estimates? Being a wake fan, I'm always curious as to what team has what % of the fans

Was closer to 50/50 if not a slight Barca edge, I felt. But maybe that was just my end of the stadium.

The tv announcer also said that Barca had more fans in Wembley for the CL Final. Found that hard to believe

We had the bright idea to walk 3 miles to the Landover stop on the Orange line rather than wait for single-tracked blue line trains with thousands of other fans. Don't know how the blue line ended up but I think we made the right call. MAD sketchy walk though.... I think we saw a drug deal.

So, same as being in the DKE house on a Friday afternoon.

it felt like about a 50-50 split I thought as we seemed to be equally surrounded by both. very loud cheers from both sides when the goals were scored.

Thiago's goal was pure filth. Even I stood and applauded that one.

it was definitely an enjoyable atmosphere overall and I had a fantastic time. I knew the result going in would probably favor United given that they're farther into the preseason and we were missing some of our biggest weapons.

Love Thiago too. He's ready for the big time. Some real nice touches and a great goal. He'll fit right in when playing with Barca's better players too. Tuffalo and I were expressing our confusion about why they'd even want Cesc, much less for 30 million pounds +.

It was much better on the way back than on the way out. They alternated Blue and Orange trains after the game and sent a bunch, probably because they realized what a mess it was getting out there. We were sardined on the way there (and no one could get on the train after McPherson because it was too full), but had a seat on the way home.

Back