• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baseball & Other Slow Moving Sports

In that 5 minutes of gameplay there are 22 people doing someone on every play. There is plenty to dissect and discuss between plays.

Agreed but I feel the same way about baseball. There's a lot of strategy going on between every pitch. And if you actually understand the game every change in count changes what the batter/pitcher/runners/defense is doing. I agree there are some things that can be done to move the game along but artificial rule changes isn't it. The game flowed very nicely for a century without these problems. The introduction of a bunch of technology and 22-man bullpens that lead 12 pitching changes a game (along with a tiny strike zone and stupid reviews) has led to the current mess. Still the best 3 hours of sports around though.

You can only show so many replays of a shift between pitches. Football can replay the same play from multiple angles and focus on what any player is doing and talk strategy.

I'm a huge Red sox fan and have watched every inning of every postseason game this year but last night both kids got invited to sleepovers so the wife and I had a rare night to our selves....I gulped when I realized it was game 3 night but for the sake of my marriage I said sure lets go out. We went to dinner, saw a movie, and even hit a halloween party for a couple of hours and got home around 1 AM and I still got to watch 2.5 hours of baseball! Win!

I'm a huge Red sox fan and have watched every inning of every postseason game this year but last night both kids got invited to sleepovers so the wife and I had a rare night to our selves....I gulped when I realized it was game 3 night but for the sake of my marriage I said sure lets go out. We went to dinner, saw a movie, and even hit a halloween party for a couple of hours and got home around 1 AM and I still got to watch 2.5 hours of baseball! Win!

Dude if all you did when you got home with the house to yourselves was watch baseball, shame on you!:thumbsup:

Is this the world series thread? Puig been clutch this post season

At least FOX figured out how to squeeze even more advertising into a broadcast. My favorite was when they'd do that "quick word" split screen bullshit, then cut back to the full broadcast only to realize the manager was trotting out for a pitching change... which meant they could cut to a full commercial break.

Somehow they finally found something worse than the NFL's XP-commercial-kickoff-commercial combo.

Back