• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

What if he transfers to Space Force and saves the universe ?

Jamie is going someplace he thinks he has a better chance at becoming a pro. He wants to live his life's dream. Everyone here would do the same in their profession.

There's no reason to be mad at him or not root for him. It's not like he's going to UNC or Duke.

The point is is that really necessary for him to live out his dream? It wasn’t
for Wentz what about Daniel Jones do you have a better chance of going pro playing at Duke? My worry is how it makes our program look to other recruits going forward. If Jamie becomes a world beater next year and goes off I think it does serious damage to our program and becomes a huge recruiting tool against Clawson and Wake.

Remember last year when Hartman broke his leg against Syracuse and told Clawson he would be OK and to put him in because it was “just a bruise.” Then, everyone thought for sure we would lose the next game at State and we should only let Newman run.

Remember the beginning of this season when Newman beat out Hartman and many on here said Hartman would, and should, transfer?

What a difference a little time makes.

I think the biggest difference you are going to see in Hartman and Jamie is going to be heart. By all accounts I’ve heard Hartman loves Wake and always has and I think it will show on the field. Unlike during the MSU game Jamie was throwing the ball into ground half the time and smiling like he could care less. I think Hartman has more competitive fire behind him and it’ll show

And Kern looked good in his once chance he was given to actually use the offense

It's disloyal and selfish, both towards the University and his teammates. Bottom line. Hope Hartman has an amazing season next year. Go Deacs.

Correction. Fans who are upset are being selfish because they want Jamie to stay for their own happiness above his own.

deacdixieboy making a solid case for the "you don't have to be over 60 to be a boomer" argument

The difference between Newman and 99% percent of everyone else who does this is that he was already the starter. It not like he was third string and never getting to play. He was the starter and leader of the team. Its totally selfish and in football that's a big deal. And if he does go to Oregon 75% of the country is never going to see him play and most of the people on the West Coast dont care about football anyway.

The difference between Newman and 99% percent of everyone else who does this is that he was already the starter. It not like he was third string and never getting to play. He was the starter and leader of the team. Its totally selfish and in football that's a big deal. And if he does go to Oregon 75% of the country is never going to see him play and most of the people on the West Coast dont care about football anyway.

This is basically how I feel. He obviously decided to transfer a while ago. Definitely not pulling for him moving forward. He wants to treat college like free agency? That’s fine. I don’t pull for players that leave my pro team via free agency either.

His statement was a big dump on the coaching staff. Fuck him.

Let’s go Hartman!

Another swing and miss - the youngest boomers turned 55 in 2019.

d1fc71634090fdcd246bad4274ba7a1c.jpg

I wish Jamie the best and hope he realizes his dreams. I can understand both sides here but in the end it is his decision and his alone and we have no say in the matter. Do I wish he wouldn't have done it from a personal selfish point of view? Of course, but I will not root against him.

Correction. Fans who are upset are being selfish because they want Jamie to stay for their own happiness above his own.

First, take a step back and literally Fuck your own face!

Second, whether Jamie stays or not has no effect on my happiness. It has to do with being loyal to your school, coaches, and teammates. If I have a great relationship with a great girl, but I breakup with her to see if I can fuck a supermodel, am I a selfish asshole or a great leader of men? Before I started dating this girl, no one knew my name, no one cared who I dated. Now people saw our relationship and got jealous, other girls started noticing me. So in return, this girl who got me all the attention, fuck her now I can date girls that society has deemed more desirable. This has nothing to do with the fans being selfish. Now shut up before I snap your dick off and shove it up your ass.

So he shouldn’t complain because he chose to play the sport that was most likely his only opportunity to a Wake Forest degree? And he owes Wake a fifth year of football for some reason. And as usual, old white dudes are angry because they feel someone owes them something for some bullshit reason

I can't say I see this as an old white dude thing (which is generally a lazy argument to begin with). The people saying, "He QUIT on his teammates and BETRAYED our team and I hope he DIAF" are more representative of what you would see from the fanbase of a big football factory, the rabid, froth-at-the-mouth folks who just want to win as many football games as possible, no matter if that means a few under-the-table payments, stripper/hooker parties, or *gasp* the opposing teams not thinking we're classy.

The Ron Wellman/LOWF/"Let's play the opposing team's fight song" crowd, whom I think are a better representation of the OWG, would be positively aghast at such behavior. They would seem to be much more simpatico with the "I'll give that nice young man a golf clap as he succeeds for one of our competitors instead of for Wake Forest! After all, who would want to win games more than to maintain our dignity, class, and integrity?" point of view.

FWIW, I think the over-the-top reactions are unseemly and embarrassing. However, if we had more fans and administrators like that, who cared more about winning than being nice, we would probably have better sports programs.

If you think I’m a non-grad, you have me mistaken for someone else. Also, if you’re trying to sound intimidating, you should perhaps phrase your threats better than saying you want a piece of my smart ass.

I thought he was hitting on you.

Basham, Surratt return; Newman Enters Transfer Portal

First, take a step back and literally Fuck your own face!

Second, whether Jamie stays or not has no effect on my happiness. It has to do with being loyal to your school, coaches, and teammates. If I have a great relationship with a great girl, but I breakup with her to see if I can fuck a supermodel, am I a selfish asshole or a great leader of men? Before I started dating this girl, no one knew my name, no one cared who I dated. Now people saw our relationship and got jealous, other girls started noticing me. So in return, this girl who got me all the attention, fuck her now I can date girls that society has deemed more desirable. This has nothing to do with the fans being selfish. Now shut up before I snap your dick off and shove it up your ass.

Funny stuff.

I don’t understand the analogy. You obviously start fucking the supermodel. I’m confused.

Basham, Surratt return; Newman Enters Transfer Portal

1) I am not a PhD candidate at Wake.
2) the things you just pointed out I agree with and are not what we have been arguing about. Jamie can do whatever he wants.

I’m going to go enjoy my NYE now. Have a nice night. Please don’t drink too much. Sounds like you already have anger issues.

Yep. We don’t give PhDs in my field though so I ran out of eligibility!

If we’re teammates then you should support me. I have my all to Wake for 4 years and graduated.
AGAIN, I do not blame Jamie and he can do whatever the hell he wants.
Have a nice night, and a happy New Year.

LMAO with your Fsu sure loss prediction. you are such a troll. Today's Bowl showed they are a SHELL of their former self and it will take Norvell years to turn that around if they give him the time to have a chance.

Sounds like a pretty enjoyable NYE

Back