• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

I don't agree with this. If this is true, then coaches should bench upperclassmen the minute a younger player shows potential so they can develop the younger player since they will have them for a longer period of time.

Uh, I hate to break it to you, but this is exactly what happens.

Wish Jamie the best except when the Deacs face Newman in the BCS playoff...

Will be interesting to compare Newman’s to Hartman’s 2020 season; both the individual and team accomplishments.

Wish Newman was staying, but good for the WF program that elite teams will be vying for Newman.

Tend to agree with Ph that after 4 years and a degree, a player is free to do whatever he elects.

I really like the whole freedom part of this. Do what you want. ‘Merica

I’m also free to hold an irrational grudge as a fan.

The QB is the leader of the team, and this ain't leadership.

Good call. Any qb that would leave their team as a grad transfer would never possess the leadership ability to lead their team to the national championship game, win a heisman or be the consensus no. 1 pick in the NFL draft.

It's disloyal and selfish, both towards the University and his teammates. Bottom line. Hope Hartman has an amazing season next year. Go Deacs.

As a Wake fan, it was not a good thing to have happened. Hope Clawson make some positive changes and hits recruiting hard since we have some holes to plug.

Uh, wrong. If there is a clear difference, then the younger player should play and likely always has (that is exactly what happens today, to your point). However, PH's point was implying that coaches should now adjust to take into account that 4th year players who have been leaders of the team with eligibility left might transfer. My point was that, if that is the case, then the coach should just play younger players with potential and assume that their 4th year players with experience and leadership might leave them. That is not exactly what happens today and it will be a shame if that starts to happen.

Basham, Surratt return; Newman Enters Transfer Portal

Total BS...

The problem I had with Newman announcing he’s transferring was the announcement. He worded it poorly, and made it sound like Wake wasn’t doing enough to prepare him for the NFL. Even if that truly is the case (which it isn’t) he should have enough respect for his coaches and school to not put that into the announcement. He simply should have a stated that he is looking for a new opportunity or challenge. Instead, it makes Wake look bad. I have to agree with that. I don’t think Jamie leaving shows that he isn’t a good leader with no commitment.

12 pages. 249 posts. It seems like most of the reasons that Jamie Newman might transfer have been identified. You never know. He might wish to pursue a graduate degree that Wake Forest doesn't offer. It happens all the time.

Thanks to Jamie we’re closing out the year discussing something other than the marching band

12 pages. 249 posts. It seems like most of the reasons that Jamie Newman might transfer have been identified. You never know. He might wish to pursue a graduate degree that Wake Forest doesn't offer. It happens all the time.

Not related to Jamie, but I’d love to know the % of grad transfers that actually finish a grad degree. This would require 99% of them staying well after their playing time has been exhausted. In that case, do they still get their 2nd year of school paid for? They wouldn’t be a scholarship athlete.

Clesmon, Notre Dame, FSU and Louisville.

LMAO with your Fsu sure loss prediction. you are such a troll. Today's Bowl showed they are a SHELL of their former self and it will take Norvell years to turn that around if they give him the time to have a chance.

Wow...bummed about this. I won’t cheer against him at all, but slightly agree that this is a bit selfish. Wish him well. Go Deacs

LMAO with your Fsu sure loss prediction. you are such a troll. Today's Bowl showed they are a SHELL of their former self and it will take Norvell years to turn that around if they give him the time to have a chance.

Norvell didn't even coach FSU in the bowl game. FSU lost to a very good ASU team, which had 3 top 25 wins this season including beating Michigan State. Despite 6 turnovers and playing without Cam Akers (declared for NFL draft) FSU still played a close game and could have easily won. Nevertheless none of that has anything to do with what FSU will do next season.

And you can make a solid argument that Greene should have played over Claude earlier this season. If he’s as good as we think he could be, we won’t see his redshirt senior season at Wake.

Wish Jamie the best except when the Deacs face Newman in the BCS playoff...

Will be interesting to compare Newman’s to Hartman’s 2020 season; both the individual and team accomplishments.

Wish Newman was staying, but good for the WF program that elite teams will be vying for Newman.

Tend to agree with Ph that after 4 years and a degree, a player is free to do whatever he elects.

Lol. Pilchard you are fucking pathetic. First you say that it’s LOW-FAT that people suggest that Newman might transfer and then you wish him well I’m the CFP versus awake which you know damn good and well isn’t happening for either party. You are dumb as shit and should go sit on the front row and cheer for him while he misses open receivers or sits on the bench a thousand miles from home while he fucks Clawson up the ass.

Anyone who is too stupid to see that he fucked over the coach who gave his ass a scholarship and a starting job is a moron.

Drunk , but you know what I mean. Happy New year

Back