• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basham, Surratt, Hartman and Kern return

State's new offensive coordinator, Tim Beck, managed to put together a pathetically bad tOSU offense in 2015 with the likes of Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, Zeke, Mike Thomas, Braxton Miller, Curtis Samuel, and Terry McLaurin. And 4 NFL OL. That team should have coasted to a national championship repeat. Then his offense dropped 0 against Clemson in the 2016 playoffs. Then sucked pretty horribly and was let go at Texas.

Newman would be very dumb to go to State.

Where is the actual reporting about Jamie being interested in a crappy State or F$U program?

Why not trash our guy? It's not like we have the ability to attract lots of 4* & 5* recruits. Let's eat our own. Opponents would never use this against us.

My bad, you guys what you want; when you want it and how you want it. Fuck the world if you don't get everything under those criteria!

Last edited:
Moved on to can't wait for next football season to start. Get to watch Hartman out stat Newman. Gonna be great. We love the fucking drama. Come on August. Crave it more than a 'Bama fan.

State's new offensive coordinator, Tim Beck, managed to put together a pathetically bad tOSU offense in 2015 with the likes of Cardale Jones, JT Barrett, Zeke, Mike Thomas, Braxton Miller, Curtis Samuel, and Terry McLaurin. And 4 NFL OL. That team should have coasted to a national championship repeat. Then his offense dropped 0 against Clemson in the 2016 playoffs. Then sucked pretty horribly and was let go at Texas.

Newman would be very dumb to go to State.

He should go to Sate. Would be guaranteed to start.

If he plays like he did the last half of the season, he will be riding pine at a premier program.

If Oregon is the leading candidate, hope Newman is aware that they had the most experienced OL in the FBS this past year, starting 4 red-shirt seniors. IN 2020, there will be lots of inexperience trying to protect whomever is their QB.

BTW, Oregon plays tOSU at Autzen on September 12. Newman would be on center stage early in the season (and possibly off it for good if the Ducks get waxed).

He should go to Sate. Would be guaranteed to start.

If he plays like he did the last half of the season, he will be riding pine at a premier program.

No he shouldn't. A transfer to a worse program, with no higher profile (currently), with a trash offense and OC makes no sense.

This was tweeted about 45 minutes ago. No idea who this guy is though...

Flip Carbonara🧢
@FlipCarbonara
Hearing, per v v reliable sources that Jake Fromm will declare for the draft. In addition, Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman is expected to transfer to UGA with immediate eligibility. Pls credit Flip Carbonara when this happens.

UGA plays at Bama next year. The Dawgs open the season on Monday night in the GA Dome against UVA. Lots of exposure.

Only has about 100 more followers than Biff. I’m skeptical.

Idk how you read an article like the above from 247 and then have a hunch he’s headed to 4 win State

Connor listed 4 schools in an article yesterday. State, Fsu, georgia amd oregon

Flip Carbonara🧢
@FlipCarbonara
Hearing, per v v reliable sources that Jake Fromm will declare for the draft. In addition, Wake Forest QB Jamie Newman is expected to transfer to UGA with immediate eligibility. Pls credit Flip Carbonara when this happens.

So Newman knew a week ago or more Fromm would declare? Color me skeptical.

Flip Carbonara🧢
@FlipCarbonara

In a perverse way, it would be great to watch Newman and Biff work their way through another season together.

So Newman knew a week ago or more Fromm would declare? Color me skeptical.

People didn't think Fromm was going to declare? He's shown up on most draft boards I've seen.

Yep. The dude started 15 games and then quit on us. This I s a black eye for Clawson and the program.

Newman's going to be Biff's new favorite player. Hilarious.

And that gives the right for some here to slam him and promise to hate him forever. It seems many of the selfish posters (true fans want their players to do well in life) need to heed such posts for themselves.

I think you firmly established how you feel about this issue 2 or 3 days ago. Can you give it a rest??

I think you firmly established how you feel about this issue 2 or 3 days ago. Can you give it a rest??

Did Jamie fuck your daughter and your wife on the asme night? That's only reason I could think of that would justify your constant insults to him. PLEASE stop attacking our players!

Did Jamie fuck your daughter and your wife on the asme night? That's only reason I could think of that would justify your constant insults to him. PLEASE stop attacking our players!

Fuck him and fuck you. And your daughter.

I think Jake would have a big year if he comes back and could significantly upgrade his draft stock. Throwing more to George Pickens is goingto help a lot. Hopefully Kirby will hand over the reins to the OC a little more and open things up a little, which would be more similar to how Jke played in high school.

I also think Newman would do well at Georgia until he had to make an accurate throw against a good defense under pressure.

Back